A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

On 9 mars 2017 at 0:17 AM, ChrisTelclear said:

Haven't seen that one.  Is it available anywhere?

Sorry, I forgot about this! I saw it in an excerpt from the full blooper reel on Twitter but I've lost track of it now, I'm afraid. I'm sure it'll turn up again.

2 hours ago, MrMarosa said:

I did not love this film, but it was an alright/so so diversion. I am still shocked it got such a low RT score. I would have imagined it getting a 60 at worst.

Concur, in the 60's, and you can't imagine how many times I've heard that exact same assessment.  It did not deserve the lambasting it got.

7 minutes ago, trifle said:

The money is still coming in, so this article seems premature, but the conclusion is that Jen and Pratt are movie stars.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/03/15/box-office-jennifer-lawrence-chris-pratts-passengers-just-missed-100m-domestic-300m-global/#65e636a82293

Daniel Kaluuya is a bigger star than both. ;)

Kaluuya didn't need a franchise to open a movie. I'm not joking. He should be seriously considered potentially bankable. Yes, it's a premise that sells but his face was the face of the premise so there's some mass appeal. pretending that his casting has nothing to do with the movie's success is serious underestimation of his leading man potential. They slapped Taylor Kitsch face on some movies and that didn't fly.So Hollywood better pay attention.

• Like 2

Oh, man. The Q&A with Spaihts would have been fun too. The interviews and press conferences from the promo tour aren't very exhaustive since they couldn't talk about the, well... plot. Would have loved to hear his thoughts on the themes. 

• Like 1

I've actually never seen a feature film in IMAX :ph34r: We only recently got an IMAX theater in this backwater country and they suddenly had to close it for maintenance like the day after Rogue One premiered. There was panic in the streets.

• Like 2

I can imagine! I've seen event stuff in OMNIMAX, but I realize that's not quite the same thing. I would have to go to Stockholm to see a movie in IMAX, but my parents live there so it's doable. I'm planning on doing that for Guardians.

1 hour ago, trifle said:

Well, Passengers got at least one more theater this weekend!

I would SO love to see this in IMAX.... I wish it wasn't just in DC....

I can go for you. ?

Slightly surprised it's already playing in Sci Fi Sunday

• Like 2