A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

33 minutes ago, Noctis said:

How is this even a minor win for Lawrence? 

It's almost a major win for her

Despite controversy and poor reviews, JLaw stardom helped this to reach solid DOM/OS milestones.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the concept of the film and the winter Holidays were a much bigger factor then JLAW.

If this came out now it likely would have bombed.

It always a bit hard to really isolate factors, the excellent release date and release (screen's worldwide) was because of the star power of the cast.

But many winter Holidays failed (in part why Passengers achieved to not flop), not having a Life release (date, world screen, media attention) is certainly a big part of it, but where does the star power begins and ends is not easy to trace.

Will Smith last 2 holidays release didn't do as well nor did Assassin Creed and many other, but I don't think it is necessarily possible to put a number on individual number, having the studio exit poll can help, but even people don't know exactly why they bought a ticket exactly.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

what happened to passengers's saturday's gross? it's so abnormal.........

It was only playing Saturday in most theater I think, they are simply using the same number of theater of the weekend for every individual day it look like.

I want to see  Jlaw in an R Rated comedy where she says fuck as much as Leo in Wolf of Wall Street.

She says fuck like no other, it s like music to me.

In real life, she actually swears like a sailor so it s natural to her.

She would probably make Seth Rogen blush.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Noctis said:

How is this even a minor win for Lawrence? 

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

It always a bit hard to really isolate factors, the excellent release date and release (screen's worldwide) was because of the star power of the cast.

But many winter Holidays failed (in part why Passengers achieved to not flop), not having a Life release (date, world screen, media attention) is certainly a big part of it, but where does the star power begins and ends is not easy to trace.

Will Smith last 2 holidays release didn't do as well nor did Assassin Creed and many other, but I don't think it is necessarily possible to put a number on individual number, having the studio exit poll can help, but even people don't know exactly why they bought a ticket exactly.

This is why these 'star power' discussions never convince anyone of anything they didn't believe going into the discussion.

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I want to see  Jlaw in an R Rated comedy where she says fuck as much as Leo in Wolf of Wall Street.

She says fuck like no other, it s like music to me.

In real life, she actually swears like a sailor so it s natural to her.

She would probably make Seth Rogen blush.

So true.....her use of the word FUCKER in SLP was one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much.

• Like 1