Iron Man 3 (2013)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Iron Man 3

4:15 PM

About 95% full (The most crowded I've seen in well, a year)

Trailers:Fast 6: Pretty good reaction-about the 500th time I've seen this trailer.

Man of Steel: Good reaciton.

White House Down: Decent reaction-laughs at the end.

Lone Ranger: Had the best reaction of the bunch. Looks really good.Wolverine 2: The most silent reaction fo the films, some talking though.

Thor 2: Tons of "Yes! I want that!" Looks good.

Movie: Not as good as Avengers but still pretty good. This is by far the most dark and most violent of the Avenger films, some parts I would not recomend for young kids (Some kids did freak out during some scenes). I loved Kingsley, the audience did also. RDJ did a good job as usual and Cheedle whose role was expanded did a good job. The Tennessee scenes were great. The visual effects were awesome also. The audience really enjoyed the film.

A (The best film of the year so far ;))

See, I don't get this "dark and serious" talk, and that was my main problem with the movie. It felt like a run on gag. It felt like Iron Man got cast in an Airplane movie. Every moment of levity or serious emotion got crushed under one-liners, especially Pepper's "death."  The Mandarin twist tried too hard to be funny and not hard enough to be truly shocking or clever. Again, I have no problem with the humor or the light tone- it was very, very funny. But it shouldn't have been a straight up comedy, and it seemed like that alot of the time. It's still an epic superhero blockbuster, not the Hangover with Iron Man suits. Avengers was funny as hell too, but at least there was stakes and danger for the heroes. This felt like an average chase movie in that regard. 

i'll review tomorrow , i'm batshit tired lol

anyway i've jotted down my impressions about crowd and films in my blackberry notes

night everyone!

don't forget the night is dark and full of terrors to which the stark says beep you red witch winter is coming !

ps: soldiers extremis didnt bother me one bit, if any of you watched fringe , there was an episode about a military experience to make super soldiers and these soldiers kept injected this product in them and turned into human bombs that crystalised before blowing up

not to mention same thing in CW show beauty and the beast, he's also a military guy who was part of a "failed" experience ,by some creepy lab 

ok i'm out of here , goodnight!

• Like 1

Iron Man 3...Well what else can I say about the movie besides its a good movie. The action pieces do their job, the villain I would say is smart, not terrifying (the people who saw the movie already know what i'm talking about). The weak point would have to be the comedy because some of the jokes are hit and miss. There were a few moments during the movie were I really wanted to clap and cheer for the movie but I believe that would of only been acceptable at midnight (stupid 9pm) showings. I had a pretty good time with Iron Man 3. 

Just an FYI the end tag after the credits is not really worth sticking around for.

Grade: B+

Fucking love this.. felt like a hour and 30 rom-com but in reality was a 2 and a half hour action flick.. going to see this again! A

One reason I felt this is that Ben Kinsley at the end, brought a comic distraction to the movie, where normally you would only have the heavy handed villain at the end of the movie.

One of the worst Marvel films ever made. Simple as that. Plot is weak, and there's absolutely no excitement. They ruined the Mandarin, which is a blasphemy, instead we got a generic cartoon villain. Has some funny one-liners, but certain things Stark does just isn't hilarious, it's just plain stupid. I love how he's Iron Man and his house can be so easily approached by helicopters, he asked for it and still didn't do anything. It's not being cool, it's being dumber than a piece of wood. Having a dozens of IMs flying around isn't spectacular, I wanna see a SH fighting on its own and overcome his enemies. Like when he saved the people in the air, that was cool. I think it was much worse than IM2 and you can't even compare it to IM.

However I understand that it's catering for a certain demo, if I were a kid I would love this and wanna see it a million times. If you're an 8-year old this is probably the best film of the year so far.

Oh and people who use the word "dark" regarding IM3, please check the meaning in the dictionary first. It was a comedy, not a SH film. The gags just didn't work for me. Will work for some, so worth checking out. Especially if you're age is still single digit.

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines
  • Like 2

See, I don't get this "dark and serious" talk, and that was my main problem with the movie. It felt like a run on gag. It felt like Iron Man got cast in an Airplane movie. Every moment of levity or serious emotion got crushed under one-liners, especially Pepper's "death." The Mandarin twist tried too hard to be funny and not hard enough to be truly shocking or clever. Again, I have no problem with the humor or the light tone- it was very, very funny. But it shouldn't have been a straight up comedy, and it seemed like that alot of the time. It's still an epic superhero blockbuster, not the Hangover with Iron Man suits. Avengers was funny as hell too, but at least there was stakes and danger for the heroes. This felt like an average chase movie in that regard.

Well I believe Feige WAS quoted as saying they will be investigating other genres in the new films (or something to that effect) so just wait until they get to 'musical'. Thor 3 will probably be an opera. Spear and magic helmet! (Or would that be HAMMER?) North winds blow...south winds blow! Kill the wabbit!Here is the article: http://www.slashfilm.com/kevin-feige-describes-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-as-a-political-thriller/ Edited by Adm56
  • Like 2

One of the worst Marvel films ever made. Simple as that. Plot is weak, and there's absolutely no excitement. They ruined the Mandarin, which is a blasphemy, instead we got a generic cartoon villain. Has some funny one-liners, but certain things Stark does just isn't hilarious, it's just plain stupid. I love how he's Iron Man and his house can be so easily approached by helicopters, he asked for it and still didn't do anything. It's not being cool, it's being dumber than a piece of wood. Having a dozens of IMs flying around isn't spectacular, I wanna see a SH fighting on its own and overcome his enemies. Like when he saved the people in the air, that was cool. I think it was much worse than IM2 and you can't even compare it to IM.

However I understand that it's catering for a certain demo, if I were a kid I would love this and wanna see it a million times. If you're an 8-year old this is probably the best film of the year so far.

Oh and people who use the word "dark" regarding IM3, please check the meaning in the dictionary first. It was a comedy, not a SH film. The gags just didn't work for me. Will work for some, so worth checking out. Especially if you're age is still single digit.

I didn't hate it like you did, but I agree with your complaints.  It makes me wonder if I gave it a 7 just because of some of the good action because there was a lot of it I really hated.  When Alkaline breathed fire, I was like WTF.

• Like 2

You're wrong.. It was a superhero movie with a damn good blend of humor that audiences love in their superhero movies cause they don't take themselves so damn seriously.. And you insinuate Stark did nothing when Helicopters are blowng the fuck out of his posh Malibu Mansion on the cliff, but what the hell was he supposed to do when you have a missle or 2 traveling at a high rate of speed toward your home about to blow the hell out of it?? It happened so fast..

He's not wrong when taste in film is subjective, and what he is saying about his house and the missile is that he should have protected it BEFORE the missile got there.  When you threaten a terrorist, and give him your home address, shouldn't you take precautions?

• Like 2

I'm so sad to say that I agree. I gave it a 7.25, but my rating is dropping every time I think about it. Black made a farce buddy comedy with no respect for the fact that it was a superhero movie. 

• Like 1

Mmmm, that is some tasty condescension right there. 

:rofl: :rofl:And yet this is what people say about Transformers films, and that's perfectly okay.

True. if the action was competently shot, the screenplay was 10x wittier, and there was a charasmatic as hell star at the forefront, then yea, the Transformers movies would be a little like IM3.
  • Like 5

So since u know the story, can u tell me why they were invincible?  And what made them combustible?

They were combustible because some of their bodies were rejecting the Extremis virus. Hence it was flawed and highly dangerous

I agree that there was a level of inconsistency in terms of what knocked them out/killed them, but it didn't take me out of the movie too much. You see this in most movies if you think about it, where the hero knocks out henchmen with a single punch but has a 10 minute fight with the big bad  :lol:

• Like 2

I love how he's Iron Man and his house can be so easily approached by helicopters, he asked for it and still didn't do anything.

They were painted like news helicopters... should he blow all of the news helicopters around his house out of the sky?

• Founder / Operator

The twist was utterly hilarious. Kingsley's the man.

...And unfortunately, the twist was half of the film's major problems in the second and third acts. I haven't seen a marketing campaign pull the wool over the audience's eyes in such an almost shameful way since Spider-Man 3.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 3