Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Fun film....incredible action but some of the story really is silly. Better than 2 but not as goood as 1.

It's a silly story but I didn't think it was a stupid one. Felt more like what you would read in a comic book. Tony's arc actually moved me quite a bit.
  • Like 3

Chew on this fact:

If anyone had tried to say Iron Man 3 could beat TDKR's OD a year ago they would have been crucified. And now that's exactly what might happen.

Still a loooooooooooong way to go. 

I love stuff like this. The actual quantitative data we get is so much more useful than "Sources say this film will make between this and that." Hope we see more of this from BTC in the future.

As Baumer says, who knows if the number is even legit. We've all heard of NotFabio and RTH, but who the heck is BTC? Hopefully he is a legit source and it would be badass if he updates throughout the night.

The multiplier prediction for me is currently 2.57x. For the weekend.

Meaning...

$75M opening day = $193 million OW.

$70M opening day = $180 million OW.

$65M opening day = $167 million OW.

$60M opening day = $154 million OW.

$55M opening day = $141 million OW.

$50M opening day = $128 million OW.

Edited by Victorious Iron Alpha

Who the fuck is BTC? Ive been following box office for 20 years...never heard of them.

"Big Theater Chain." My guess is they are AMC, since I think it's been all but confirmed MTC is Regal.

There's been BTC tracking info posted on HSX for the last couple months, I believe.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 5

The multiplier prediction for me is currently 2.57x. For the weekend.

Meaning...

$75M opening day = $193 million OW.

$70M opening day = $180 million OW.

$65M opening day = $167 million OW.

$60M opening day = $154 million OW.

$55M opening day = $141 million OW.

$50M opening day = $128 million OW.

Amazing how $5M can make the difference of $13M

Again though-- how reliable is BTC in these things?

(I ask only because I've never really heard of them until the last couple of months.)

This seems like the first time we've seen an in-day projection from them, so who knows how reliable their extrapolations are.

But considering they're a theater chain with actual hard numbers in front of them, you'd hope that they'd be pretty good at guessing the rest of the day.

so lowest is BOG with 60 and change and highest is BTC with 70. In th emiddle is BO.com with 66-68. good range. Better then the ones Nikke comes up with. 

It's a silly story but I didn't think it was a stupid one. Felt more like what you would read in a comic book. Tony's arc actually moved me quite a bit.

Did you cry? LOL

• Like 1

"Big Theater Chain." My guess is they are AMC, since I think it's been all but confirmed MTC is Regal.

There's been BTC tracking info posted on HSX for the last couple months, I believe.

Ahh, that makes sense.  Took them long enough.