WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 120): Boss Baby 50.2M | BATB 45.4M | GITS 18.7M | Power Rangers 14.2M | Kong 8.6M

2 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but doesn't $1.5 million in previews seem to suggest Boss Baby is making $50+ million for the weekend?

Trolls made $0.90 million in previews (also starting at 5pm) and went on to make $46.6 million for the weekend.

Home made $0.65 million in previews (starting at 7pm) and went on to make $52.1 million for the weekend.

Unless we have some reason to expect the previews for Boss Baby to be more inflated and the movie to play somehow more frontloaded?

Peace,

Mike

It looks like they're betting on BB skewing a bit older because of Baldwin fans which would inflate Thur previews

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, commonsense88 said:

LEGO Batman did 2.2 mil preview and only had 53 mil weekend without the help of spring break that Boss Baby had for it's preview, if boss baby does similar multi it will be at 36.14 mil opening weekend

That makes sense, but I didn't realize Lego Batman was considered an apt comparison. I would have thought Lego Batman skews a bit older (and more adult friendly/with more adult interest) than Boss Baby.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

1.8m thursday night previews for Gits. That's decent, all things considered. A good comparison is with The Accountant, both have similar RT scores, and that one made 1.35m in thursday previews and 24.7 OW. Gits previws were 25% higher, so if this percentage stays, it could be around 30m OW.

6 minutes ago, bcf26 said:

Previews starts at 5pm now?

I didn't know that. That is soooo early. It used to be like 10pm or 11pm.

5 pm previews are mainly for animated movies. 

2 minutes ago, Marcus Cato said:

1.8m thursday night previews for Gits. That's decent, all things considered. A good comparison is with The Accountant, both have similar RT scores, and that one made 1.35m in thursday previews and 24.7 OW. Gits previws were 25% higher, so if this percentage stays, it could be around 30m OW.

The Accountant skewed much older, though (around 2/3 its audience was over 35).

• Like 1