Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Gosling will be hosting the first episode of the new season of SNL the week before on September 30.

one or both of these things will happen in the monologue

1) lazy la la land/moonlight joke

2) harrison ford shows up to berate him for a bit and struggles with cue cards.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

one or both of these things will happen in the monologue

1) lazy la la land/moonlight joke

2) harrison ford shows up to berate him for a bit and struggles with cue cards.

Or Emma Stone shows up (since she has Battle of the Sexes coming out around the same time as well).

25 minutes ago, Alli said:

So Blade Runner OVER Kingsman? Is it possible?

For domestic box office ?

Anything is possible I would imagine.

If you are talking OW ?

Total recall remake made 25m, I imagine it is possible for Blade Runner to beat this, but I would not expect by much if it happen.

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

For domestic box office ?

Anything is possible I would imagine.

If you are talking OW ?

Total recall remake made 25m, I imagine it is possible for Blade Runner to beat this, but I would not expect by much if it happen.

I'm not of the mindset that I niche property like Blade Runner is going to be a big Blockbuster but I don't get the comparison to Total Recall which was an awful remake from a hack director. Blade Runner actually being good should help it with adults in the legs department.

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I'm not of the mindset that I niche property like Blade Runner is going to be a big Blockbuster but I don't get the comparison to Total Recall which was an awful remake from a hack director. Blade Runner actually being good should help it with adults in the legs department.

Was awful and that why even thought Blade Runner was more niche it could open bigger because of the star powers, trailers and I would imagine reviews.

The Things sequel (2011)/Ghost in a shell are probably closer, but one was a much smaller budget and for both not the same type of people behind the camera/trailers quality.

The list of precedents is definitely thin and that is one really hard movie to predict.

Edited by Barnack

2 hours ago, Alli said:

So Blade Runner OVER Kingsman? Is it possible?

Possible but not likely IMO. Blade Runner has a couple of things going against it:

1. The 2:30 runtime (potentially 2:40 if that isn't including credits) will reduce showtimes. If a theater opens at 11 and closes at 9 on a weekday with 3:30 between showings, Blade Runner will only have 3 showings per screen. This will be a bigger issue later in its run when it's down to one screen.

2. Blade Runner is really only familiar to sci-fi fans.

3. The long runtime could turn off people who aren't fans of/familiar with the original.

4. It's a very slow sci-fi film, so that aspect could turn off the GA too.

I had Kingsman at 45/116 and this at 40/100

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Mad Max Fury Road is the best case scenario for the film. It's not like any of the Mad Max movies were smash hits in North America and yet Fury Road did 154mil. 

Good one(imo)

MadMax: #67 domestic (27m adjusted)

Road warrior: #31 domestic in 1982 (67m adjusted)

Thunderdome : #24 domestinc in 1985 (86m adjusted)

Blade Runner: #27 domestic (83m adjusted)

Pretty similar. 

One thing MadMax had that Blade Runner didn't, is a bigger influence, That post apocalypse desert asthetic become really popular, The Fallout game franchise is directly from it for example that became a giant franchise.

Few movie in history were has influential to pop culture than Road Warrior. The action genre also, with the 0 need to have seen the originals are 2 other element in MadMax favor.

• Like 1