baumer

IM3 Thurs (RTH) 7.6M....Gatsby 3.25 midnights

SATC definitely is. Predominantly female audience rush factor.

My showing was pretty split between men and women. I think teens will go in coed groups, whereas something like MM was like groups of girls only.

This weekend is gonna be epic here. Gatsby over performing, IM3 dropping 60+ :popcorn:

The two weekends after are going to jokes as well

People hugely high balling or low balling Star Trek 2 and then Hangover 3 gets killed and Fast 6 gets high and low balled and then how Im3, GG and Star Trek fare over this weekend.

A  lot of entertainment coming up and I expect heart break.

• Like 1

In reference to my quote of Aldrich Killian back on Page 7, between Trek, Hangover and Fast, who's the first, second and third mouse? Is there enough cheese to around for everyone? Obviously, now that I think of it, Iron Man's the early bird in this year's summer blockbuster season.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Mandeep's Fearless perdiction for Friday Thread...

GG Number comes in people go nuts with 60+ for weekend

Im3 number, people call for sub 60 million.

In the end it will be

68-70

48-51

Edited by Lordmandeep

While "The Great Gatsby" may have been marketed for females, it is still an adaption of a classic novel, that appeals to everybody.

This is not "Sex and the City".

"Sex and the City" isn't a movie your grandparents or school classes would watch. "The Great Gatsby" is.

I think this could go everywhere and those preview numbers are outstandingly well.

Remember also, this is May, not end of June, when "Magic Mike" opened...

It's easier to compare the performance of new releases in North America to older ones. The trouble with many OS markets is that they're so new.

Plus movies are released different times OS.  Movie companies always announce the DOM date first and slowly announce the OS dates for each country. 

I'm going with a second weekend somewhere between $71.4M and $74.1M for IM3. With the Tobey factor, Gatsy grosses somewhere between $44.2M and $46.9M. That's where I'm at...

The Tobey factor? Unless he's web slinging Leo, there is no Tobey factor. Huge # for TGG though, very interesting weekend coming up.
  • Like 1

Tobey Factor ?

I lol'ed !

:D:lol:

Funny this guy has been in one of the biggest franchise ever and he still represents nothing in Hollywood, he is such a non entity.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

Tobey Factor ?

I lol'ed !

:D:lol:

Funny this guy has been in one of the biggest franchise ever and he still represents nothing in Hollywood, he is such a non entity.

Definitely tongue firmly planted in cheeck when I typed that... Just thought it'd be funny to read.

• Like 3

I'm not surprised at the Gatsby number. I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for 5m in midnights. I guess it's good if you were expecting it to fail. But I wasn't.  Oh well. Good number I guess.

• Like 1

You need to keep expectations in check and also remember a film like Gatsby is in smaller screens so it is much easier to sell out.

If we went based on screen count to sellout ratio Magic Mike and Hangover 2 should be the biggest openers ever :P