#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

I cant see IM3 dropping much from estimates look like 70 is likely ...

LORDMANDEEP.....HOW DO U GET YOUR NUMBERS!!!!

I dont get numbers really...

Its that I have been looking at local 25 or so Cineplex theaters for about 6 years running now, so you can see sorts of trends compared to last films... 

Its not an exact science at all but lets say ...

GG does really mean in the down town theaters as it fills in AVX shows and sellouts some shows, but in the suburban theaters for IM3, the AVX shows are more numerous and are full and IMax as well and some sellouts here and there. 

Kal-El's update:

Dean just rung me up on my celly. His reliable sources tell me that IM3 will make 10-35m on Friday trending towards 40-100m this weekend.  It will be a close fight against Great Gatsby which is tracking towards a 5-45m Friday with a likely 20-135m weekend. I have already sent these numbers in to Nikki, The Hollywood Reporter, Variety and Boxoffice and they will publish these numbers shortly.

What will be really interesting is when Man of Steel opens, my early sources tell me it is tracking for 65-150m opening day headed towards 180-450m weekend, it might even beat Dead Man's Chest on opening weekend!  Finally Superman will have its revenge against stupid Pirates of the Carribean movies!! The Banned Boys like ShawnMR, Gopher and Lobotomy will finally get their just desserts! Us true movie fans like baumer and enyagal will have victory.

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 1

Nikki updates! 

My sources’ latest estimates for the are $18M-$22M for today including Thursday late shows and Friday midnights, and $$55M-$58M for opening weekend.  Disney/Marvel’s Iron Man 3 (which still has the biggest theater count of 4,253) is looking like $20M today and $75M-$80M this weekend for a terrific hold on #1 again.
  • Like 1

And the only other major newcomer today is Lionsgate’s Peeples (2,031 theaters) hich is a ‘Tyler Perry Presents’ comedy not written or directed by him. Its grosses are disastrous: #1M today for a $3.5M-$5M weekend.

:excl: Good lord that is terrible.