filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

sigh- I expected much more from Star Trek midnights though. That's really low. Release date change or not. Even with the change I expected about 7m. How could fans not know the release date?  I can see the GA not knowing. They go the moves just because. Midnights are important to fans. So I guess Thursday will be subdued as well but I do expect a big Friday.

• Like 1

It is not judging the weekend. It is all about preview+midnight. Bad is bad.

Do you have any other words in your vocabulary than bad, flop, bomb? Most people don't even know Star Trek opens today, these midnIght numbers are hardly accurate of the film's buzz. Edited by riczhang
  • Like 3

sigh- I expected much more from Star Trek midnights though. That's really low. Release date change or not. Even with the change I expected about 7m. How could fans not know the release date? I can see the GA not knowing. They go the moves just because. Midnights are important to fans. So I guess Thursday will be subdued as well but I do expect a big Friday.

Rallax's theater had a 3-person showing yesterday. We should have foreseen that number :lol:

Either she makes the quotes up or that is the most easily impressed exec of all time

You mean the exec was sitting in his office at the time going "This is a tremendous coffee for the ages." "Oh man, this is an incredible chair for the ages."

• Like 4

Do you have any other words in your vocabulary than bad, flop, bomb? Most people don't even know Star Trek opens today, these midnIght numbers are hardly accurate of the film's buzz.

Add 'doomed' into there, and I think that's about right.