baumer

Thurs Numbers STID 11.4 GG 3.4 IM3 3.3

I think the biggest problem is May is way too crowded. You got IM3 at the first weekend. Many people would just skip STID to FF6/TH3.

STID OS schedule is also a big problem. It is being sandwiching by IM3 and FF6. Now there comes TGG breaking out everywhere.

The marketing is no wrong. The movie itself is no wrong. The wrong is they picked up bad dates everywhere.

• Like 4

OH. LOL redfirebird, I saw the 40-42m first and just instantly thought of ST2 instead of IM3, hence why I posted the Ross gif.  :lol:

haha. I was just curious to see what the possible ceiling for  IM3 could be this weekend. 42% drop seems to be best case scenario if it manages to keep pace with SM1's jumps like it did last weekend.

• Like 1

haha. I was just curious to see what the possible ceiling for  IM3 could be this weekend. 42% drop seems to be best case scenario if it manages to keep pace with SM1's jumps like it did last weekend.

Red, stop inflating expectations  :P

@ERCboxoffice: Thursday's top movies: #1 STAR TREK ID - $11.4M ($13M) #2 GREAT GATSBY - $3.4M ($66M) #3 IRON MAN 3 - $3.3M ($301M)So.. 125% increase today is the only way to make this opening salvagable, correct? I knew it would be the disappointment of the month compared to expectations, but I never thought it would start this bad. Paramount better be praying that nobody knew it was opening today except fanboys.

• Like 5

I have just seen this. I want 300 M to happen but the only numbers I care for now is numbers enough for part lll to happen. This was amazing. The best I have seen so far this year. And people complain about the ending? What do you want, drama galore?

I need to see this again though. The people I watched this with asked questions many times. That was just so annoying.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

I have just seen this. I want 300 M to happen but the only numbers I care for now is numbers enough for part lll to happen. This was amazing. The best I have seen so far this year. And people complain about the ending? What do you want, drama galore?

I need to see this though. The people I watched this with asked questions many times. That was just so annoying.

Try 200m.

• Like 1

IM3's legs will benefit if STID flops. If your scenario comes true then 425-430M is possible destination for IM3. 

• Like 1

i`m laughing so hard at "Cumbervillain will attract huge crowds, Mandarin looks like a cartoon, STiD will crush IM3" fanboys. I was saying that overCumberHype would backfire cause aside Sherlock loons nobody knows who the fuck he is and his villain looks like yet another Lector wannabe. Hell, no, nobody listened. Well, choke on that now.

• Like 2

@ERCboxoffice: Thursday's top movies: #1 STAR TREK ID - $11.4M ($13M) #2 GREAT GATSBY - $3.4M ($66M) #3 IRON MAN 3 - $3.3M ($301M)So.. 125% increase today is the only way to make this opening salvagable, correct?I knew it would be the disappointment of the month compared to expectations, but I never thought it would start this bad. Paramount better be praying that nobody knew it was opening today except fanboys.

125% doesn't totally save it but it is a good start.

@ERCboxoffice: Thursday's top movies: #1 STAR TREK ID - $11.4M ($13M) #2 GREAT GATSBY - $3.4M ($66M) #3 IRON MAN 3 - $3.3M ($301M)So.. 125% increase today is the only way to make this opening salvagable, correct? I knew it would be the disappointment of the month compared to expectations, but I never thought it would start this bad. Paramount better be praying that nobody knew it was opening today except fanboys.

Thursday WAS NOT the start most people had expected though.

IM3's legs will benefit if STID flops. If your scenario comes true then 425-430M is possible destination for IM3. 

I don't know about that. A $42m weekend would still put it on track for $415-420m. Its weekday numbers are pretty damn bad, so the weekends are inflated.