Jandrew

Sunday/Wknd #'s, MU 23-24/82, WWZ 17-18/66, MoS 11.7-12.3/41.2, TITE 13, NYSM 7.8 BOM, RTH

Unlike me? :rolleyes: You are the one that brought it up.

You made claims how I would act. Because you obviously want the movie to do well. I did no such thing to anyone else here. I was clearly speaking to the Internet community as a whole and used my example of Scott Pilgrim as proof. :rolleyes: indeed.

Boy some of these post go from funny to scary :)

MU seems to be doing well evenings and WWZ taking off

Earlier was thinking MU 30 top end, atm 29.8-32, WWZ 25-27, MOS 14-16

That's what i said. 

And Wow at that WWZ high range. Insane. 

And so it begins.(That's not terrible at all, it's actually a very solid leap from yesterday).

Also it is having a standard 2nd weekend drop for that type of film with a built in fanbase-it can very easily rebound next weekend.

Boy some of these post go from funny to scary :)

MU seems to be doing well evenings and WWZ taking off

Earlier was thinking MU 30 top end, atm 29.8-32, WWZ 25-27, MOS 14-16

Thanks for the numbers! You rock, Rth! :bop:

And so it begins.(That's not terrible at all, it's actually a very solid leap from yesterday).

Definitely, a 100% jump in June. That's great!

:blink:

Thats insane for MU and especially WWZ.. Pretty terrible for MOS, under 50m we come!  :mellow:

Nope, not finishing under 50.

• Like 2

I stand by my statement. Spending 350 million dollars on any film, no matter how established or profitable, is absolute lunacy. It's just another case of hollywood finances getting out of hand and studios allowing directors to burn through absurd amounts of money that could've been much more effectively invested elsewhere. It is especially crazy for an original film with no established base. Even though it is Jim Cameron, the film still needed to make 800M dollars to recoup all the advertising and production costs. That's a high mark for anyone to achieve, especially for an original film. Taking out Franchise films (superheroes) and sequels the only original films to have done that much WW are: Independence Day, Inception, Finding Nemo(? Was it there before the re-release?), Lion King (? see Nemo), Jurassic Park (? Again see Nemo), Titanic, and Avatar. Not a lot, and a lot of them, imo were more appealing than Avatar. (I still don't see the appeal of the movie) I suppose the visual spectacle helped. 

If you saw it in Imax and listened to  how the score and the earth shattering visuals and mood took you out of the theater, you get the appeal. Its one hell of a film without all the bells and whistles though. Where it really shines is is the new greatest cinemactic experience when you see it and immerse yourself in the way its truly meant to be seen Rich.

It is without a doubt the greatest movie experience I have ever been a part of when I saw it on that 80f by 150 foot Mega Imax in NY.. in Digital 3D..  Just absolutely astounding how he can defy imagination with his visions..

I saw 70-80  yr old looking moviegoerswith their families weeping. I mean who gets that reaction in a Sci-Fi???

Well, I could go for MOS splitting the difference and getting 15

F- 15

S - 20

S - 15.5

50+ million weekend ;) ... still on track for 300-325 (where exactly, I'm not sure)

WWZ ... if it's the high end of Rth ... damn, great marketing towards the end.

Edited by agkman