#ED

Wknd Est: MU - 46.1M; The Heat - 40M; WWZ - 29.8M; WHD - 25.7M; MoS - 20.8M; (pg 104)

thx Rth :wub:

Decent start for 'Im so excited'

hilar movie

:lol:

"I'm So Excited" (Sony Pictures Classics) - Criticwire grade: B-; Metacritic score: 59; Festivals include: Los Angeles 2013

$103,000 in 5 theaters; PSA (per screen average): $20,600

Although this opened to a lower PSA than other recent Almodovar films, he is still the most reliable draw among foreign auteurs, and managed to pull off one of the best subtitled openings of the year. This is a credit to his long-term appeal, since it came in the face of the least favorable reviews any of his films has received since the early 1990s. The film is a return to the more flamboyant, outre (and gay) feel of his earliest films. His recent work has sustained a serious (occasionally comedic) tone.

All of which suggests, particularly with a summer release (SPC opened his previous six films in October and November, with an eye toward potential awards) that a core audience should turn out as it widens across the country. The opening PSA -- playing at five theaters, more than normal for the distributor -- is higher than recent subtitled films such as "Rust and Bone" and "No," which have amassed totals over $2 million, respectable these days for foreign entries.

What comes next: Though this might not have the crossover appeal of some of the bigger Almodovar titles (particularly "Volver"), this entertainment should be a decent arthouse performer.

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

I think MU has enough in tank to give 300m a serious run. It all depends on how much DM2 saturates the market. Can 2 animated films coexist? I think they can and I think that MU will get hit a bit but still maintain its current trajectory.

Man, WWZ has certainly been one of the bigger surprises of the summer. 200m might be a stretch but still a great performance thus far especially with all the problems related to the budget and whatnot.

WHD: Pretty lame result, expected more from a film whose 2 leads have been at the top of their game recently and a director with quite a few blockbusters under his belt.

MOS: Same as MU, 300m is the goal, but can it get there? Gonna be close.

RTH:

sunday have some bigger drops then est, also for weekend in Canada WWZ(#2) is above Heat and MOS(#4) is above WHD

MU 13.3,TH 10.6,WWZ 8.9,WHD 6.4, MOS/TITE/NYSM should all be pretty much same

So based off this:

MU:  45.16 (-45.3%...killer for summer game question)

TH:  38.55

WWZ:  29.43 (-56%)

WHD:  24.7 (sad)

What the heck happened on Sunday? Confederations Cup final too much to handle?

Maybe they were expecting softer drops because of the Canadian holiday today.

• Like 2

Man, WHD got killed. I actually enjoyed it (I've enjoyed most of Emmerich's films).

You're not alone, it got an A- cinemascore.