AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

Ok, that looked awesome. The VFX are probably not finished yet, but the pixel-art video games combined with live action works well. And they smartly kept the Adam Sandler movie jokes out of the trailer and let the trailer coast on arcade game nostalgia - smart decision.

• Like 2

It seems to be an action comedy.

Makes sense. It's just that the trailer is unusually played more serious then an Adam Sandler comedy movie trailer usually is.

You know what, I think I kind of enjoyed it because of that.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Makes sense. It's just that the trailer is unusually played more serious then an Adam Sandler comedy movie trailer usually is.

I think they were smart to do that since people are getting tired of his shtick.

• Like 1

I thought it was supposed to be a comedy, but no surprises here. No words spoken by Adam Sandler have ever been funny, so he's never technically made a comedy film. ;)

This looks like utter shit (as expected), and the visuals from the trailer alone were nauseating and made my head hurt. They look awful, which sucks particularly since it had potential to be excellent on a visual level. 

• Like 1