AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

Could be Sony's biggest hit this summer.

It looks good and I always felt this could be the surprise hit of the summer. But it's facing tough competition opening the week after Ant-Man/Trainwreck and up against Pan/Paper Town. With Mission Impossible 5 opening the following week.

It looks good and I always felt this could be the surprise hit of the summer. But it's facing tough competition opening the week after Ant-Man/Trainwreck and up against Pan/Paper Town. With Mission Impossible 5 opening the following week.

It actually could work as a counterprogrammer. PAN is the only direct competition and maybe ANT-MAN.

Given that they only have one other major movie releasing in the summer, and it's a drama, that wouldn't exactly be hard lol.

True.

Aloha Sony / Columbia 5/29/15
Pixels Sony / Columbia 7/24/15
Ricki and the Flash TriStar 8/7/15
War Room TriStar 8/28/15

This could even be their biggest after SPECTRE.

If the trailer had Franco and Rogen in the place of Sandler and James and absolutely nothing else was changed, it'd have a better reaction. Anti-Sandler biases are showing. I hate Sandler but think this looks cool.

Franco and Rogen are (occasionally) funny though.

• Like 1

I thought it was supposed to be a comedy, but no surprises here. No words spoken by Adam Sandler have ever been funny, so he's never technically made a comedy film. ;)

This looks like utter shit (as expected), and the visuals from the trailer alone were nauseating and made my head hurt. They look awful, which sucks particularly since it had potential to be excellent on a visual level.

Umm ... The visuals are spectacular. Other than that it was pretty stupid though.