Creed | Rocky Spinoff | November 25, 2015 | Box Office Knockout | Stalloscarnominated!!

Can you absolutely believe back when Marley & Me came out, how they marketed the movie like a comedy when in fact, it wasn't?? It was like reliving your Dogs death for heaven sakes.. I remember my buddy being dragged to this by his wife, with her saying it was a comedy and it was like he had to relive his dogs death for 2 hours.. He said he was pissed..

_1229303735.jpg

• Like 9

Never seen a theater collectively ball its eyes out like I did watching Marley and Me.  Not even at Titanic.  There were more little kids in the theater for MM than for Titanic and that's probably why as well.

• Like 3

Never seen a theater collectively ball its eyes out like I did watching Marley and Me.  Not even at Titanic.  There were more little kids in the theater for MM than for Titanic and that's probably why as well.

Yeah. I loved M&M, but I had a horrible time at the theatre when I saw it. I was literally sobbing like a child and could barely contain my tears as I tried all I could not to make a spectacle of mysefl. As for CREED, I am sure that if Rocky bites the dust, it will most likely become the year's tearjerking moment for guys. Not that I am not gonna cry...

I read MM before the movie so I had an idea going in what to expect.  But it still crushed me.  Oh and when I read the book I could barely read the pages from my eyes watering.

• Like 1

Cinemacon footage reports say its

cancer, and when he's training Adonis he's hooked to a chemo IV

It also explains why

he has hair in the trailer but not in this scene where he looks much sicker: 

creed3-1150x748.jpg

I thought this was already leaked when Stallone accidentally tweeted a picture of the script a couple months back

In the voice over for the trailer Adonis starts off the famous quote with "A great fighter once said...", it could just be my interpretation but it sounds like he's talking about that fighter in a past tense.

Ahhh, I don't think I could handle it if something happened to Rocky.

• Like 1

Rocky, Dying?   That's just to much, they better not do it.   What's crazy is "Creed" comes out on the 30th Anniversary of "Rocky IV" so a "Rocky Dying" plot would mirror Creed dying.   Ok, enough, I'm not even going down this road. 

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

Rocky, Dying?   That's just to much, they better not do it.   What's crazy is "Creed" comes out on the 30th Anniversary of "Rocky IV" so a "Rocky Dying" plot would mirror Creed dying.   Ok, enough, I'm not even going down this road.

Man that'd be too much.

If they do...they better have that god damn robot.

God, I hope they kill him. Not because I have some sort of bloodlust or anything mean-spirited, but Rocky dying and Creed fighting to honor him would give this movie instant pop culture credibility, make it something ballsy and unique instead of just another boxing movie, and allow the franchise to move in a fresh direction with this momentum building event giving this movie an emotional bottom. It'd just be good filmmaking.

• Like 4