Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

I really don't give a shit that they're a business. If you value the first amendment whatsoever, you shouldn't be taking their side. There is no excuse whatsoever to be letting our enemies dictate our decisions.

This isn't a first amendment issue. The movie is an intellectual property that belongs to Sony by law. They can do with it whatever they want to.

• Like 1

This isn't a first amendment issue. The movie is an intellectual property that belongs to Sony by law. They can do with it whatever they want to.

Think about the precedent they're setting, any old nutcase can threaten to do bad things if this movie or that movie is shown in theatres. And they will cave. What kind of business will they have then? People don't have to go to the movies you know.

There may still be hope...

http://deadline.com/2014/12/george-clooney-sony-hollywood-cowardice-north-korea-cyberattack-petition-1201329988/

I just talked to Amy an hour ago. She wants to put that movie out. What do I do? My partner Grant Heslov and I had the conversation with her this morning. Bryan and I had the conversation with her last night. Stick it online. Do whatever you can to get this movie out. Not because everybody has to see the movie, but because I’m not going to be told we can’t see the movie. That’s the most important part. We cannot be told we can’t see something by Kim Jong-un, of all f*cking people.

Interview from last night after Paramount cancelled Team America showings
  • Like 5

The hackers have now sent a new message:

WASHINGTON - The hackers who launched a cyberattack on Sony Pictures praised the company's decision to cancel the release of "The Interview" and said its data will be secure if they continue to comply, CNN reported on Friday, quoting the message.

"It's very wise that you have made a decision to cancel the release of 'The Interview,'" the message said, according to CNN. "We ensure the security of your data unless you make additional trouble."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/19/hackers-sony-message-the-interview-_n_6354790.html

Maybe not releasing the movie wasn t Sony s decision.

The feds, the governement are involved now.

And sorry to repeat myself, sony cave in because the hackers already proven they can do harm. Sony doesn t want to suffer anymore damage. The hack itself will probably be more costly than all Interview related costs combined.

Put yourself into Sony s shoes, they have every right to be afraid. their corporation is already fucked up and upside down because of the hack, because of its magnitude.

They are in a tough spot.

The menace does not come from nowhere, it comes from people who have already proven they can harm the company.

If someone broke your legs, wouldn t you be adraid of that person ?

Edited by The Futurist