Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

Just now, franfar said:

It could, but it most likely won't.

I think it may end with a lower domestic total in North America compared to the humongous equivalent of its predecessor but it will still be huge, say around $250M. But it will be mega in Asia and Latin America.

Sigh. We aren't getting rid of this inane franchise anytime soon.  

Just now, PPZVGOS said:

I think it may end with a lower domestic total in North America compared to the humongous equivalent of its predecessor but it will still be huge, say around $250M.

Well yeah, that was inevitable. People on the forum have acknowledged that for the most part.

1 minute ago, PPZVGOS said:

Yeah, because people like it. It's not a big deal.

• Like 1

These movies are guilty fun. I know they're kind of stupid, but I don't care. They pull it off. I've got my ticket for opening night already and I can't wait!

I actually didn't care about the franchise at all at first. Like most of the GA, I got into it after F5 when the franchise became more of a story arc, mission based series of movies, rather than rad hoodlums race cars and get girls. It's like, despite the fact it's gotten more over the top with each movie, I take it more seriously. It's all about those story arcs. They get you invested.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, JB33 said:

These movies are guilty fun. I know they're kind of stupid, but I don't care. They pull it off. I've got my ticket for opening night already and I can't wait!

I actually didn't care about the franchise at all at first. Like most of the GA, I got into it after F5 when the franchise became more of a story arc, mission based series of movies, rather than rad hoodlums race cars and get girls. It's like, despite the fact it's gotten more over the top with each money, I take it more seriously. It's all about those story arcs. They get you invested.

Same here. F5 and on are the only ones I care about. 1 - 4 might as well not exist to me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

I think it may end with a lower domestic total in North America compared to the humongous equivalent of its predecessor but it will still be huge, say around $250M. But it will be mega in Asia and Latin America.

You can exist in a reality where this franchise doesn't exist. You just have to ignore it. Your mind is more powerful than you think.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

I'm always getting screening for this shit and I can Never fucking go.:ohmygod:

I got one for this Wed at 7 pm at AMC Empire at 42. It's one ticket, anyone wants it?

I certainly would, does it come with free place ticket and accommodations? :P

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

When does the reviews embargo end for this again? I'm real curious to see if the critics will pan the crap out of it as I suspect they might.

By what I've seen, this movie isn't just more of the same as 7. Apparently it goes in a different direction and introduces some fresh stuff, which it seems like that's what critics want to see. I don't think it'll go below 60's if that's all true. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

When will we know the reviews

Do those really matter for this film. 

It's target audience is going to go. There is a marginal outlier of movie fan that will use RT as a guide, sure, but RT isn't a real factor for this film. 

• Like 3

On 4/3/2017 at 0:43 PM, jandrew said:

By what I've seen, this movie isn't just more of the same as 7. Apparently it goes in a different direction and introduces some fresh stuff, which it seems like that's what critics want to see. I don't think it'll go below 60's if that's all true. 

Franchise progression: Street racing --> heist --> ???

Edited by franfar