Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

On 7/3/2023 at 8:11 PM, emoviefan said:

The more I sit on this movie the more I love it. Yes it does drag a little in the middle but that  last half 45 minutes of this is just wow. It feels likes a lot  of people's overall opinion depends on how they feel about that ending. 

I feel that way, too. I enjoyed it the first time, but the more I sit on it, the more I feel like that was a fun movie experience. I do think it was a bit long and had one too many chase scenes. I will always say it was a missed opportunity to bring back the Short Round character and make him a true partner for "Dr. Jones", but oh well. I liked Helena fine.  Honestly, it was just fun, and we have so few adventure movies anymore. Plus, I just love Indy as a character, I guess. I rewatched through TLC, and I think that what DoD misses, for me, is the sense that Indy is, ultimately, having a blast on the adventure, even when he's about to die, you felt like he still thought every adventure was worth it.  He never loses that, and I do think that the Indy in DoD is at a crossroads where I felt like he didn't quite get back to himself until the very end, though that was an interesting character journey, don't get me wrong.

• Like 1

Disrespecting legacy characters just doesn't work, we know that, it's a fact that the GA doesn't want iconic characters being replaced with cheap young race/sex swapped ones. I know kathleen loves to do that with iconic male leads (Luke Skywalker, Han solo, Now Indy), but why? she now has destroyed two franchises.

She must have some nasty stuff to extort Disney's top execs, there is now other way lmao.

That is why Top gun maverick did 1.5 billions and this mess is going to be lucky to hit 350mm WW.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Belakor said:

Disrespecting legacy characters just doesn't work, we know that, it's a fact that the GA doesn't want iconic characters being replaced with cheap young race/sex swapped ones. I know kathleen loves to do that with iconic male leads (Luke Skywalker, Han solo, Now Indy), but why? she now has destroyed two franchises.

She must have some nasty stuff to extort Disney's top execs, there is now other way lmao.

That is why Top gun maverick did 1.5 billions and this mess is going to be lucky to hit 350mm WW.

How exactly did this movie disrespect Indiana Jones?

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Belakor said:

lmao what

• Like 1

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Did you watched the movie? the clues are there, big and up in front.

Spoiler

Of course he is know a broken lonely dude waiting to be saved by the young strong woman.  Who is better han him in every possible way, lectures him and in the third act all that Indy does is patiently wait to be rescued,

what a bunch of garbage this movie is, sorry.

Edited by Belakor
  • Like 3

Just now, ChipDerby said:

lmao what

What??? xD,

in the new trilogy Luke is a weak loser that only serves as a plot point for Ridley, who is the most powerful jedi ever with little to no training and of course she is better than him in every way.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It undid a great ending for the character in Crystal Skull and robed him of happiness, it's just completely unnecessary. More I think about this movie, less sense it makes and more I dislike it. Only Spielberg and Lucas understood this franchise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Belakor said:

Did you watched the movie? the clues are there, big and up in front.

Hide contents

Of course he is know a broken lonely dude waiting to be saved by the young strong woman.  Who is better han him in every possible way, lectures him and in the third act all that Indy does is patiently wait to be rescued,

what a bunch of garbage this movie is, sorry.

I watched the movie, and I’m not sure we saw the same movie, because that isn’t true. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, TomThomas said:

It undid a great ending for the character in Crystal Skull and robed him of happiness, it's just completely unnecessary. More I think about this movie, less sense it makes and more I dislike it. Only Spielberg and Lucas understood this franchise.

Yeah for sure, the same can be said for Star Wars, for what its worth, the first 22mns fo this film were great, after that if falls apart like a broken tree.

• Like 1

i don't the film undid anything with iconic characters

honestly each generation has its ups and downs and the women in star wars, indiana jones etc much like the woman irl are phenomenal people, nothing wrong with passing the torch to them 

what matters is if they retain the essence of adventure/force and that they do so I don't see any concern, few ways to better send off the character then to see someone continue their legacy

DoD is fine. Better than CS. It needs about 15 minutee trimmed from it though as it lags a little. Not deserving of hate, but also super old franchise and not engaging as it can be. I hated CS, so I'm happy for the improvement, but GA and also critics are done with this franchise 

• Like 1

Temple of Doom > Raiders > Last Crusade > Crystal Skull >>> Dial of Destiny.

Crystal Skull is underrated.

Dial was okay. The train was great minus the AI generated Indy which just felt off. Everything after Marrakesh was great as well. If they just lost most of Brooklyn and half of Marrakesh this movie could have been pretty damn good. There was too much going on in Brooklyn and Marrakesh.

https://imgur.com/pg2yOfT

https://imgur.com/pg2yOfT

Edited by HesAPooka