Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

I actually think I'm on the Bradley Cooper bandwagon if they have to reboot it. I say just make it a character in the Indy Universe.  Just keep "Indiana Jones" in the title. Like "The Chronicles of Indiana Jones" or something.   This isn't a Bond situaiton.  Harrison is Indy.  This will be harder to reboot than "Star Wars". 

• Like 1

Drew McWeeny is pretty adamant that Disney is not currently developing an IJ5 without Spielberg and Ford.

Sounds right. I seem to recall that allegedly part of Ford's contract negations in reprising Han Solo for SW: 7 would be an option on a 5th film with him.

These rumors, while fun to some degree, come from the same click bait camps as the recent Miles Morales "rumors" for Spider-man.

They aren't rumors, they are outright lies generated by sites needing click bait to justify their ad rates. 

What christian McGuffin are left to be found by Indy ?

Why does he have to be a Christian, or even religious relic? But if it "should" be then there is the Spear Tip(Loginus) that pierced Christ's side, they did a comic mini called The Spear of Destiny that could be adapted. There is always Noah's Ark.

What about searching for Atlantis? Beowulf's armor? Zeus' shield? Golden Fleece? Attila the Hun's sword? Vishnu's Bow?

• Like 1

:o

Steven Spielberg Hopes To Direct Chris Pratt In Indiana Jones Reboot

Is that the single worst written story ever?

It’s very early days, but my sources tell me that, assuming a script comes in to his satisfaction, Spielberg hopes to direct that film.

Word from Spielberg’s camp is that it’s too early to determine what will happen because there is no script yet and they are just getting going.

So, we don't know. There may be something there if everything comes together, or there may not be, either way we don't know.

• Like 1

Seems like a blullshit "click my site bitch" rumor but we ll see ...

Spielberg didn't even want to do Indy IV and he accepted to do it as a favor to his old Lucas pal and frankly it showed his heart wasn't into it.

He even went on record saying that Indy was a product of the 80's and that finishing the decade with a last Indy was the perfect conclusion for the saga.

Still waiting to hear from the man himself not some crap from whatever site .

Seems like a blullshit "click my site bitch" rumor but we ll see ...

Spielberg didn't even want to do Indy IV and he accepted to do it as a favor to his old Lucas pal and frankly it showed his heart wasn't into it.

He even went on record saying that Indy was a product of the 80's and that finishing the decade with a last Indy was the perfect conclusion for the saga.

Still waiting to hear from the man himself not some crap from whatever site .

Talking about this? http://deadline.com/2015/02/steven-spielberg-direct-chris-pratt-indiana-jones-reboot-1201378113/