Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

That's what Disney said about Frozen 2 until they officially announced that it WAS in development. If it's not in development yet, that doesn't mean it won't be in the future, and they obviously won't announce it until they are doing it.

This is why I almost never read industry and fan speculation articles, it's all meaningless. A new Indy is probably inevitable, but it's not in development right at this moment.

Edited by TServo2049

its inevitable indy will be recast. But I doubt Pratt will take up another major franchise until he is ready to quit either Star Lord or Owen,. Disney wont wait either. So it has to be someone else.

I am predicting Ryan Reynolds or Jal Courtney. :D

Why would you even say something like that? As I read in a review for Terminator: Why is Jai Courtney something that keeps happening to movies?

He's basically the most bland, charisma-free actor in Hollywood right now. I'd never wish a franchise upon him, let alone one I'm actually excited about.

As for Disney not waiting for Pratt... IDK. Seems like they aren't ready to start development yet, so it might take a long while before they even have a viable script. By then Pratt may be done or close to done with JW at least (who knows if he'd do more than one sequel).

• Like 1

Why would you even say something like that? As I read in a review for Terminator: Why is Jai Courtney something that keeps happening to movies?

He's basically the most bland, charisma-free actor in Hollywood right now. I'd never wish a franchise upon him, let alone one I'm actually excited about.

As for Disney not waiting for Pratt... IDK. Seems like they aren't ready to start development yet, so it might take a long while before they even have a viable script. By then Pratt may be done or close to done with JW at least (who knows if he'd do more than one sequel).

its a joke. They keep getting big films and they are ready to do anything. I actually like Ryan Reynolds in couple of movies and so do not think he is a bad choice. JC on the other hand is an insult to those initials.

On Disney waiting, I sincierly doubt that. They are milking SW franchise to the fullest making one movie per year. No way will they sit on Indy franchise for too long. I am sure they are currently having dozen sets of writers coming up with "scripts"

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 2

Hmmmmm. I like Crystal Skull more than most, but it would be nice to give Harrison a more universally praised sendoff. I love Spielberg (and he can still bring it), but maybe passing the torch here would be the right thing to do. I doubt Lucas will be involved in any major way. Interested to see what they come up with. If Crystal Skull hadn't come out this would have a chance to be one of the biggest movies ever. Well, actually, it still has a chance, but there would probably be a lot more excitement (ala TFA) is there wasn't a movie since Crusade.

When do we think this will be coming out? Summer 2018/19?

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Hmmmmm. I like Crystal Skull more than most,

You won't have much company there..........

I suspected Indy 5 would be put on the front burner after it became clear that SW VII will dethrone Avatar as the biggest US Domestic Grosser of all time.

I am betting Indy will have a young protégé (almost certainly not Shia Le Boeuf,since Spielberg and Ford both did not like working with him on Crystal Skull,and since his career is pretty much DOA anyway) to do the dangerous stunts, and Indy will pretty much be a mentor a la Sean Connory as Indy Sr in Last Crusade.

It will be interesting ,since I think they can get away with Ford as Indy for one more film, but after that Disney will have to make some major changes if they want to keep the franchise rolling...which, unless Indy 5 is a huge bomb (not very likely,since as dissapoiting as Indy 4 was it was still a big money maker for Lucasfilms) they will want to keep the ball rolling. Disney is very good at squeezing the last possible cent out of a franchise before calling it quits.

Maybe a scene at the end of 5 where Indy passes the Torch to a new generation....

3 hours ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

So Ford would be in this.  Does that mean that Pratt or Cooper would star as another Indy-type character and the torch is passed that way?  Or would Pratt/Cooper have the name Indiana Jones?

Indiana Jones is a code name.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Hmmmmm. I like Crystal Skull more than most,

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

You won't have much company there..........

I'm sitting beside you then Jayhawk...whose with us and can objectively see that KotCS gets bashed overtly. 

Bring on IJ5!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

So Ford would be in this.  Does that mean that Pratt or Cooper would star as another Indy-type character and the torch is passed that way?  Or would Pratt/Cooper have the name Indiana Jones?

There will probably eventually be a young Indy reboot but most likely without Spielberg.    Spielberg has said there's only one actor for Indy for him and that's Ford.  They already went the long lost son and it didn't work.   Maybe they'll go with go with a young co-star as a rival.

• Like 1