Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

I think it'll just be a recast, not a reboot. It can still be the same Indy as before, just with a new actor so they can go back and show other adventures of his in the 1930s.

Edited by Numbers of Westeros

The quote is that 'ANOTHER' Indiana Jones film will be made. When is never stated. 

It should be noted that 'RELAUNCH' is commentary by the author of the piece. 

They could be one in the same, but ANOTHER could also be a 5th one w/Harrison Ford.

Pratt doesn't look like he could play the kind of character that would know much about archeology. But I think his casting is pretty much a given if this starts production in the next 3 years.

Edited by Hatebox

Pratt was on Jimmy Kimmel last night, and Kimmel sprang the Indiana Jones question on him. His reaction seems very telling to me.

Please no, I like Pratt and All. But there is only one Indy and his name is Harrison Ford Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

Please no, I like Pratt and All. But there is only one Indy and his name is Harrison Ford

Whether you like it or not, Disney bought the rights to Indy and are going to make a new one. 

It's not a question of whether there will be another Indy besides Ford, it's just a question of who.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 1

Whether you like it or not, Disney bought the rights to Indy and are going to make a new one.

It's not a question of whether there will be another Indy besides Ford, it's just a question of who.

Those greedy little buggers, have to tarnish one of the greatest franchises of all time do they!?

PS- I think Bradley Cooper would be a more creative and equally good choice to Pratt.

Pratt was on Jimmy Kimmel last night, and Kimmel sprang the Indiana Jones question on him. His reaction seems very telling to me.

His reaction means absolutely nothing. If he is NDA'd then he is NDA'd, and he could be in talks for the role, he could already have the role, or he could not have the role. 

Remember this clip of Ford and Cumberbatch? They both have the same reaction, similar to Pratt's, and one of them is in the film and one of them isn't.

They can just turn Indiana Jones into a James Bond type character. It's the same character, he doesn't have to age, there's no necessary sense of continuity, its just various actors playing the character in different adventures.

• Like 1

Pratt doesn't look like he could play the kind of character that would know much about archeology. But I think his casting is pretty much a given if this starts production in the next 3 years.

Why not? He comes across as a pretty sharp guy in interviews so I don't see why he couldn't convey that sense of inteligence. I imagine they'll probably reboot this as Indy being in his younger years anyway so it would make sense for character to be a bit more jovial/carefree. And whoever takes over the role will have to deliver their own spin on it, not just try and ape Ford.

Those greedy little buggers, have to tarnish one of the greatest franchises of all time do they!?

PS- I think Bradley Cooper would be a more creative and equally good choice to Pratt.

What's greedy about being in the movie business and wanting to make a movie?