Totem

Friday Numbers - Studio estimates - BD1, 17M TM, 12M

Why is there an obsession with it making 300? Fourth movies usually lose business and they certianly don't increase from the last one. A 8% drop is likely and if it makes more than 280, that would be quite good.

I don't know why there is. People like magic rounded numbers or something.

Because Chamber of Secrets and Azkaban had progressively decreased, it isn't surprising that Goblet of Fire would then have spiked back upwards significantly in the direction of Sorcerer Stone numbers in the wake of continuing good WOM from Azkaban's DVD release and Goblet looking very promising in its marketing.

I think Goblet of Fire increased because it released in the same year as the sixth book, resulting in HP mania

I always thought the draw for Goblet of Fire was that the "kids" were all starting to grow up. That's how it seemed at the time, anyway. It helps that the book was probably the most popular in the series before Deathly Hallows.

Great bump for BD1, hopefully it continues to compare favourably to NM over the weekend to make up a bit for a disappointing Wed/Thu.

I think $300 mio is still in the cards. Holiday season will continue in December and it`s lucrative for everyone, new stuff and holdovers.