AdamKendall

Weekend #s Insidious 2 41.5M, Family 14.5 Riddick 7.0 Butler 5.5

15M is a good to average number for Insidious 2. That puts it right on target for something in the low 30's, which is what a lot of people were expecting. Certainly not disappointing.

It only has a $5m budget so its already made back its budget and in profit from its opening day, I imagine Wan, Wilson and Byrne are on very good backend deals plus salary increases as the first film was made for $1.5m. Wan's biggest budget before he did Fast 7 was $20m for The Conjuring, how he's going to fare with a $160-170m budget will be interesting.

Back in my day, we gamed without graphics! Suck on that, bitches!Shaving: sometimes the old way is the best way. Double-sided safety razor for the win, with brush-n-shaving cream tub to prep the whiskers. Screw all this 5-blades bullshit with crappy razors.

I'm holding out for the introduction of 7 blade tech.

I got back from it a few hours ago, and I liked it. I was surprised. I wanted to see You're Next, but I didn't have to pay. It was good though. I don't get the reviews. Sigh.

How is 15m bad for this though? Or disappointing? 

The first only made 54m. 

Ugh, people sometimes.

Given how Sony have been successful with animated films in September with HT, Cloudy and Open Season, its surprising no one else has tried trying out other genres in that month. Sweet Home Alabama was successful so it wouldn't harm a studio to release a romcom in that month, I imagine Universal would done at least $20m OW had they released About Time in this month rather wait until November. 

About Time will be shown here in the Philippines next week. I saw an advanced screening and it's a nice feel good movie. I think it will be a crowd pleaser