A Marvel Fanboy

The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug OS Thread

It seems the total of AUJ after 2nd weekend which BOM gives is wrong. Look at the 3rd weekend figure and the total after 3rd weekend.

I see. It seems AUJ was at 43 million in Germany after second Wednesday, not after second weekend, so DOS and AUJ would be, more or less, tied after 11 days in Germany.

I wanna know how it's doing here, but unfortunately for some unknown reason, they stopped reporting box office for Hollywood movies in Indonesia :(. I want to compare it to AUJ. Last year AUJ was disappointing, thanks to 2 local movies released around the same time that eventually became the #1 and #10 highest grossing movies of all time.

This year it's even worse, since DOS has to face not 1, not 2, but 4 (!) local big blockbuster movies. Somehow, December has become the "summer" of local movies here. Fortunately, no other competitions from Hollywood. Well, there are Walking with Dinosaurs and 47 Ronin, but both bombed.

In fewer markets...No?

Throws a tomato at yah tele!! LOL :P Bah Humbug to you too good buddy!!

Damn :(..lol  Oh you dont see folks every taking to a hobbit film on the scale of an LOTR  my friend?

No... despite Jackson's efforts, it's not that epic of a story, and doesn't speak to our times the way that LOTR did, post-9/11.

I forgot to wish you Happy Holidays earlier, though.... so Happy Holidays! ;)

In fewer markets...No?

I think the only market that AUJ had in advantage was Japan that had grossed 7.7 million after 2nd weekend. Considering that BOM figure says that after 2nd weekend AUJ had grossed 288 million OS, both movies are essentially tied.

I think this might increase from AUJ in China.  The Chinese sure do love spectacle and action, which this movie certainly is more of.

And not only for that reason. It seems that it will be released in a (little) better date than AUJ, which it was the worst possible.

I think this might increase from AUJ in China.  The Chinese sure do love spectacle and action, which this movie certainly is more of.

+ the dragon!

lol video :D

DoS must be doing good in Poland

Edited by Tauriel