#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

The IMAX screen at the refurbished Chinese theater. Amazing sound (when i say Amazing, i mean it, the floor rumbled with the sound effects, wish it had been around when MoS came out), but the screen doesn't feel that huge due to the weird seating configuration and angle. The Universal IMAX feels bigger even though it is a slightly smaller screen than here.

Posted Image

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

I will admit for the money we payed I wished the movie had filled the whole screen. I didn't know it'd have the black bars on the top and bottom; I figured the image would've been blown up/cropped completely. The bars were sort of a distraction because when per se George would pop out, his bottom half would get cut off and it kinda ruined the illusion. Having the black bars kinda made the screen feel not too much bigger than a regular and I honestly don't know when I'll do IMAX again. Not cuz of that, just in my mind I don't have any other movies that are worth seeing on the biggest screen possible. Still great and the sound were superb, shook my floor too, I just wished the whole screen couldve been utilized. I'll probably see Gravity again on cheap Tuesday, but a normal screen will do for half the price.

The IMAX screen at the refurbished Chinese theater. Amazing sound (when i say Amazing, i mean it, the floor rumbled with the sound effects, wish it had been around when MoS came out), but the screen doesn't feel that huge due to the weird seating configuration and angle. The Universal IMAX feels bigger even though it is a slightly smaller screen than here.

Posted Image

Ugly rooftop ...  :ph34r:

I will admit for the money we payed I wished the movie had filled the whole screen. I didn't know it'd have the black bars on the top and bottom; I figured the image would've been blown up/cropped completely. The bars were sort of a distraction because when per se George would pop out, his bottom half would get cut off and it kinda ruined the illusion. Having the black bars kinda made the screen feel not too much bigger than a regular and I honestly don't know when I'll do IMAX again. Not cuz of that, just in my mind I don't have any other movies that are worth seeing on the biggest screen possible. Still great and the sound were superb, shook my floor too, I just wished the whole screen couldve been utilized. I'll probably see Gravity again on cheap Tuesday, but a normal screen will do for half the price.

For what it's worth, I heard CF has about an hour of footage shot in IMAX which means those scenes shot in IMAX will actually take up the entire screen.

• Like 1

So about $54 million OW for Gravity. Wow.

Gravity is not dropping more than 30% on sunday. Could even go as high as 60m now.

Just incredible.

Also, Cloudy with a good hold. Looks like a 38% drop for the weekend, not close to the greatness of the frst movie, but should go to $100m comfortably now.

• Like 1