babz06

Cars 3 | 6.16.2017 | Trailer Page 14

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The Dark Knight Races is a more fitting title.

Teaser is surprisingly good, though. But I imagine very misleading. Whatever, as long as the movie is better than Cars 2 and The Good Dinosaur :ph34r:

I liked The Good Dinosaur, it was incredibly beautiful :)  State of the art CGI :shades:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The backgrounds were :shades:

Parts of the movie were charming, and Arlo/Spot were decent enough characters, but the movie was pretty much a mess imo.

I don't understand how it was a mess, that seemed pretty clear to me, and quite simple to understand. That's just the travel of Arlo who is maturing and learns to fight his fears while having someone to protect.

4 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I don't understand how it was a mess, that seemed pretty clear to me, and quite simple to understand. That's just the travel of Arlo who is maturing and learns to fight his fears while having someone to protect.

Above anything, it was messy in tone. The tone was kinda all over the place. The movie had a very kiddie plot and charm to it, then all of a sudden, creatures were getting fucking beheaded and ripped apart by predators. Not that it bothers me personally, but it made me go "WOAH WTF" since I never expected it. Typically, Pixar movies tend to tell you what you're in for from the get go - Nemo and the barracuda scene, Incredibles w/the intense train sequence, the 1st 20 minutes of Up, etc.. Here, I didn't see it coming at any time and it just felt odd and out of place. 

Beyond that, the cartoonish, Ice Age-like designs of the characters were completely incompatible w/the photo realistic backgrounds. The plot was a Land Before Time rip-off w/an added "boy and his dog" element to it, which btw, why the fuck was it called "The Good Dinosaur" if Spot was the one thing that felt tamed? Brontosaurus were hardly aggressive anyway, so Arlo's behaviour was in line w/its species' instincts. If anything, it should've been called The Good Boy or The Good Human. And some of it just felt like ideas jammed into this for the hell of it. Farmer dinosaurs? Give me a fucking break. I like the whole idea that we would be the dinosaurs' pets if they survived the asteroid, but that wouldn't make them rational in a billion years.

Again, I know I'm probably in the minority in this, but I really didn't care for this movie that much. Was it awful? No. Even at their worst, Pixar is still capable of not making me wish suicide or anything (and I also mean that through Cars 2 as well). Again, it had its charm and charisma, backgrounds were gorgeous, some beautiful scenes, and Arlo and Spot were enjoyable, but overall, ehh, not good. Though considering how long it was in development hell, and how it changed director and cast and all, it's not that surprising in retrospective.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PatrickvD said:

The problem with this franchise is that it fundamentally makes no sense... who builds their houses? Who builds anything in this universe?

Trying to figure the logic out in his franchise is maddening. No amount of Dark Knight darkness can fix this hot mess.

But merchandise 

Disney used to make shorts like this back in the 50's.  The Little House and Susie the Blue Coupe.

With Pixar's other movies you can tell a lot of thought and care went into building the world and considering how it might work, and that's the basis of how they're able to craft such unique stories. You can argue that they still take scientific shortcuts for simplicity's sake but they still present themselves as plausible concepts. Cars however is just a human world where everyone looks like a car, there's nothing about the characters that makes them need to be cars, and because of that it's pretty much impossible to write a novel story from it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, angeldelmito said:

Sypnosis:

Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez, with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!

Oh, it's another Rocky ripoff.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

If this is Cars 2 all over again I hope it tanks unspeakably hard. I just wish next summer wasn't so dead for kids movies, that's bound to help it a little bit. 

I do think another animation studio like WAG should risk it with summer rather than go for February or September.  SPA has The Emojimovie but I don't think that'll do well at all. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Maybe they'll redeem the infamous Lego Movie snub and give it to Lego Batman. 

Nah, they'd nominate Lego Ninjago...

• Like 1