ChD

Live By Night | Christmas Day limited release, wide release on 01/13/17 | Ben Affleck/Warner Bros. New trailer on page 8

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This got its MPAA rating last month so if the movie is already done then there really wasn't any point to holding it until October of next year.

WB movies get their MPAA ratings quickly. UNCLE was rated by the MPAA a full 13 months before release, similar with Tarzan as well. If the movie is done filming, WB gets it a rating early.

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

WB movies get their MPAA ratings quickly. UNCLE was rated by the MPAA a full 13 months before release, similar with Tarzan as well. If the movie is done filming, WB gets it a rating early.

Man from UNCLE was in the can long before its August release, likewise with Tarzan although I believe that had a long post production process, it was shot and wrapped in 2014.

5 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I've started to hate myself whenever I think, "Wow, that shot looked really digital" so I'm full of self-loathing after that trailer.

I had the exact same thought :lol:. Not as bad as Public Enemies though. Just weird to see a 20's crime drama shot that way. Looks solid though.

The trailer is kind of horrible. It's looks so "clean" and flat it feels like people playing dress up in today rather than really being set in the prohibition era. Argo had all those ridiculous wigs and facial hair but the movie looked like "real" 70s, the spell wasn't broken. 

I'll be dissapointed if it turns out to be a new Gangster Squad.

• Like 2