Neo

Pan | Oct. 9, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 25!

I was going to put in a joke about how it was debatable that A Beautiful Mind was actually a better script than Batman & Robin, but decided against it. Now that I know someone agrees with me, I will confirm that said comparison was kind of meant to be a joke.

And Coolio, are you saying the script for Pirates 1 was bad, or the script for Lone Ranger was good?

Edited by TServo2049

I know someone who worked on this movie's VFX at MPC (He worked on the shots featuring CG boat models). That must be deflating to know that all your hard work get flushed in the toilet and the movie you worked on get panned all around.

My uncle also worked on the effects. But in terms of effects itself, I didn't think it was bad. Don't fret for him though, he already did San Andreas and Furious 7 this year, and has The Huntsman and Star Trek Beyond for next year.

Also, I am looking over past Black List nominees and winners. Here are some stinkers (either quality-wise or BO-wise) that came from Black List screenplays:

All About Steve

The Beaver

Broken City

47 Ronin

The Arthur remake

The Last Stand

The Watch

Gangster Squad

Bad Words

Self/Less

Run All Night

Transcendence

If these scripts were liked within the industry, does it mean the drafts on the Black List would have made better movies? Or that a good script doesn't necessarily make a great movie? Or that the people nominating these films for the Black List don't actually know quality? (It can't be that, plenty of good movies have come from Black List scripts too.)

Just weird.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

yes.

meaning idk. I enjoy both movies but how good are those scripts really? shits are messy as fuck.

Maybe. I should have just left it at JP/TLW. That made my point enough, that someone can write good scripts/scripts that become good movies, and bad scripts/scripts that become bad movies.

The script for this movie was on the Black List for 2013. Where did everything go so wrong from such presumably promising beginnings?

Merely being on the so-called black list does not make a movie "promising".

• Like 1

Also, I am looking over past Black List nominees and winners. Here are some stinkers (either quality-wise or BO-wise) that came from Black List screenplays:

All About Steve

The Beaver

Broken City

47 Ronin

The Arthur remake

The Last Stand

The Watch

Gangster Squad

Bad Words

Self/Less

Run All Night

Transcendence

If these scripts were liked within the industry, does it mean the drafts on the Black List would have made better movies? Or that a good script doesn't necessarily make a great movie? Or that the people nominating these films for the Black List don't actually know quality? (It can't be that, plenty of good movies have come from Black List scripts too.)

Just weird.

Production is hell, and perhaps the right people weren't involved with the various projects ("right people" doesn't automatically mean the original writer, either).

• Like 2

it's already been shot I think.

Filming began in March, it's not getting canned.

What? Are you guys serious? But it is only coming out on October 2017  :mellow:

Edited by CJohn