Neo

Pan | Oct. 9, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 25!

Too many Tinkerbell CG animated direct to dvd releases have killed off ALL interest for Peter Pan.

Disney's Tinkerbell live action movie is also going to flop big time. No one wants it.

Those Tinkerbell movies are essentially the cheap Christmas gifts that family friends give to your daughter when they have no idea what they want and don't wanna spend money at the same time.

We have 3 of the movies and several copies of each of them.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

Too many Tinkerbell CG animated direct to dvd releases have killed off ALL interest for Peter Pan.

Disney's Tinkerbell live action movie is also going to flop big time. No one wants it.

Disney is overdue for one of it's live action fairy tale movies to flop. Tinkerbelle could well be it.

Over at IMDB, the movie's fanboys (let's face it, every movie, no matter how much it's generally disliked, has it's fanboys) are usint the excuse "Hey,it's just a kid's movie".

A.That does not excuse bad filmmaking.

B.Warners did not spend 150 Million on a movie for it just to be a kid's movie.

A lof of the film's fans appear to be over the top Hugh Jackman fans, for whom Hugh Jackman, quite literally, can do no wrong. Some interesting fights between them and the over the top Johnny Depp fans, who are accusing (from what I have read, maybe with some justification) Jackman of trying to muscle into Johnny Depp's over the top pirate shtick.

Jackman's Blackbeard is nothing like Depp's Jack Sparrow. Maybe it looks like that from the trailer but it ain't the case.

The biggest influence on the performance seemed to be Tom Hardy's Bane. The way Jackman heaved his body and twanged his words was at points virtually identical to Bane. But he's his own thing; it's a very theatrical performance and is great to watch.

What if Sofia Vergara costarred? That's a winning formula.

Let me elaborate on my script claim.

Newsflash for all of you (except maybe Tele and people involved in movies) :

All Directors of every movie, (yep, even all these movies  you thought were lame or bad or hated or disliked or had issues with), thought the same thing  before going into production :

"Script is done, it's pretty great, we have something, now let's do a great movie with this great script.

Some tweaks may be needed but that script is worth 1,2,3 years of my life."

You really think a movie goes into production when the director, screenwriter, producers, actors etc all think the script of their movie is crap ???

Like, "let s do a shitty movie with that average script ! Yay !"

No, they all think & agree to a certain extent, the script is good enough & worth people's time & money.

Between what s on the page before a movie goes into production & the finished movie you see, a gazillion things happen.

Literally.

A Gazillion.

That s A Lot.

Making a list of everything that goes into a movie production would take me several pages.

Movies are fragile, fickle & chaotic things.

So many pieces moving together.

If you don't understand what I am trying to say, read some Steve Jobs reviews.

Steve Jobs was written by one of the most famous writer of our time, Aaron Sorkin.

The movie has great reviews but here s the funny thing, when critics address some issues they have with the movie, some of them blame Boyle s choices but others say the issues come from Sorkin's script.

Who s right, who s wrong ?

I personally don't know.

So yeah, I'll repeat it gladly, a script in a movie is a pretty minor thing.

It s a blue print, a backbone, a skeleton at best. Of course you need a good blueprint but it is just that, a blueprint, nothing more.

The final irony of it all :

99% of people claim a movie had a great or bad script or not by just watching the movie.

They didn't actually read the script, they just made a thousand assumptions & connections in their heads of what they think was probably on the page.

That one remaining percent is those people who actually read scripts online and fantasy themselves as producers and studio executives in the comfort of their homes without actually calling any shot.

I would say people judge the quality of the script of a movie on those aspects :

- quality of the dialogs & banter between characters (Allen, Sorkin, Tarantino), probably the most OBVIOUS thing you see when you actually read a script.

- structure of the story, how the main acts & scenes of the movie are interconnected with each other, payoff or not ?

Tomorrow Land & everyone s favorite Damon Lindelof are a good case study. Prometheus too.

- their impression on how "complex" or simple the story is : see the endless arguments on Gravity, Interstellar & The Martian. 

- did I believe in the story ? Plotholes (aka Internet culture), suspension of disbelief, "that didn't make any sense !" etc The Dark Knight Rises

- Subtext, political or psychological or else, does the movie say something clever & interesting about us, our world ?

People thought Neill Blomkamp was subtle & clever in his writing in District 9, then went all cliché as hell in Elysium & Chappie.

Never thought he was particularly subtle in the first place, District 9 included. Go figure.

- was the story entertaining, engaging, exciting, emotional, sad, funny, scary etc ?

How great were the main characters, did I root for them ? etc

Pan had a great script.

Fantastic Four had a great script.

Tomorrowland had a script.

Terminator Genysis had a great script.

Godzilla had a great script.

The Walk, Paper Towns, Monuments Men, Sex Tape too.

I could list all of your personal Top 100 worst lists, they all started with a good (enough) script.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2