Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

Transformers 1 was a masterpiece of the dumb blockbuster genre*. Transformers 2 was them taking everything that went right with Transformers 1 and dumping it all, it turned into a giant piece of shit.

Transformers 3 had real fun scenes and it was fine overall. Transformers 4 was a  fun comedy. I mean, it was supposed to be a comedy, right?

*Just made that genre up... I guess.

• Like 1

Trans4mers is revolutionary in that it's the first blockbuster to accurately depict the experience of living in purgatory.

Truly, Bay was ahead of his time.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

I saw the old Transformers hero Shia a few days ago smoking and chilling.

Not looking forward to this at all, i like Bay but his TF movies are just to stupid. It took the military guys 3 fucking movies to realize that by shooting the robots in the eyes they will get hurt. Come on..

Edited by trancedanne

The Last Knight

My guess is some long lost and/or hibernating Cybertronian is reawakened/wakens due to some signal of force that it alone as designed to combat. 

Transformers 1 - Love it, LOVE IT--saw it 7 times in the theater, own it(watched it last night actually!)

Transformers 2 - Hate it, HATE IT--saw it twice to make sure I didn't overreact upon first viewing and I've not seen it since, do not own

Transformers 3 - Above Average film-saw it once, do not own

Transformers 4 - Average film, bait and switch cause the film should've had way more Dinobot scenes. Also hate the nano-pixel transformations on Galvatron, do not own

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

I think I had an aneurysm at the end of TF4.

How Bay manages to do 1H30 of action on this scale with that much CGI for a mere 200-220M price tag is a mystery to me.

Not having to pay Robert Downey, Jr. $40 mil. and change sure helps...

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I think I had an aneurysm at the end of TF4.

How Bay manages to do 1H30 of action on this scale with that much CGI for a mere 200-220M price tag is a mystery to me.

Age of Extinction isn't too bad if you fast forward through all the human scenes.  

They cheaped out with the human created Tranformers and their screen saver "transforming" animation.  

Bring back Shia and Megan or no humans please!!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Not having to pay Robert Downey, Jr. $40 mil. and change sure helps...

Im sure, but Bay makes a lot of money.  Yeah, not 40.  But on the backend?  He's probably making RDJ type money when all is said and done to be honest.

But say what you want about him, he makes good looking movies and he shoots fast and efficient. He knows how to make these type of movies.  I think Spielberg said Bay is one of the best shooters in the industry, which I think meant he knows how to make good looking movies and do it on time and on budget.  

It probably helps he doesn't have to worry about things like telling a story or character development.

3 hours ago, rukaio101 said:

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Hide contents

I actually liked the fourth movie. 

Reveal hidden contents

:rant:

• Like 1

LOVE the first movie! One of the best all time theater experiences I've ever had, and that's considering the fire alarm went right before the climatic showdown in the city lol. 

Two basically sucked

Three is pretty good for the most part. The Chicago sequence is overly long but that scene in the building when it's falling over is awesome. And Optimus swooping down and wrecking shit at the end is bad ass!!

4 was terrible. Period

• Like 3

T1 was worth a watch but got heavy on my senses with loud overloaded action scenes.

T2 started of well but got dumber and louder. I didn't finish it.

T3 didn't watch.

T4 started but did not finish.