Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

Seen a bunch of articles popping up that say that this is Marky Mark's last foray into the Transformers cinematic universe.

Dunno if they're legit though since they seemed to be based off of something that Wahlberg said on Graham Norton, but who knows.

Edited by aabattery

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

Seen a bunch of articles popping up that say that this is Marky Mark's last foray into the Transformers cinematic universe.

Dunno if they're legit though since they seemed to be based off of something that Wahlberg said on Graham Norton, but who knows.

He also said at the London red carpet yesterday (there are videos on YT) that he won't be back if Michael's not directing. 

21 minutes ago, antovolk said:

He also said at the London red carpet yesterday (there are videos on YT) that he won't be back if Michael's not directing. 

I have a feeling Bay will be back for a sixth. He's been doing this song and dance since the third movie. He makes too much money from this to stop completely. As long as it does well overall, the $ will be too much to pass up.

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Have any tweets or reactions of any kind surfaced? This opens tomorrow night. It's honestly kind of shocking. It'll be pretty amusing if it's the best received Transformers flick since the first.

there are some that Paramount haven't bothered to go after yet on from just regular people at Friday's Q&A on YT, Twitter and Letterboxd too. Still, everyone - fans and press - is supposed to be under embargo till Tuesday evening.

Edited by antovolk

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Have any tweets or reactions of any kind surfaced? This opens tomorrow night. It's honestly kind of shocking. It'll be pretty amusing if it's the best received Transformers flick since the first.

I think critics get harsher as a series is unnecessarily (from their point of view) extended.

Eg Even if POTC5 is more liked that POTC4 by a critic, being a 5th one becomes detrimental because the movie is even less 'needed' and gets a harsher rating. The first movie of a franchise can get a positive score if it's a decent flick. The 5th movie won't unless it proves itself worthy of existing by being really good. I just think that's how the critics psychology works. Apart from the quality of the movie they start thinking along the lines of, 'is the existence of a fifth one justified'?

Edited by a2knet

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I think critics get harsher as a series is unnecessarily (from their point of view) extended.

Eg Even if POTC5 is more liked that POTC4 by a critic, being a 5th one becomes detrimental because the movie is even less 'needed' and gets a harsher rating. The first movie of a franchise can get a positive score if it's a decent flick. The 5th movie won't unless it proves itself worthy of existing by being really good. I just think that's how the critics psychology works. Apart from the quality of the movie they start thinking along the lines of, 'is the existence of a fifth one justified'?

I don't disagree. But, let's not forget Fast Five... A recent example to the contrary.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I don't disagree. But, let's not forget Fast Five... A recent example to the contrary.

So what you're saying is the next Transformers should be a heist film?

Ocean's 11 with big-ass robots. I am very down for that.

29 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yes, F5 upped things quality-wise and seemed like a fresh start.

18 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I have a feeling Bay will be back for a 7th. 

If he is gonna do a sixth he might take a break to do a non-TF movie like Pain and Gain (accede to the 'one for you one for me' system) before returning to TF.

But I feel he must have some other potentially blockbuster ideas he might want to give a try.

I think this one will underwhelm dom and will be salvaged by China and some other markets. Bay might stay executive producer and walk other roads.

Edited by a2knet

I shouldn't say this but it makes me all geedy inside that movie critics that think PTA and the Coen Brothers are the epitome of modern cinema and thought Manchester by the Sea, Moonlight & Her were cinematic tour-de-force have to review 

A FIFTH, 2,5 hour long TRANSFOMERS MOVIE.

For them, it probably feels like 

- doing chores

- going to the dentist for an extraction

- going to a 5 hour Dubstep concert

- having a colonoscop

- all the above

In India, they call this KARMA I think.

:shades::rock:

Edited by The Futurist

Just now, The Futurist said:

I shouldn't say this but it makes me all geedy inside that movie critics that think PTA and the Cohen Brothers are the epitome of modern cinema and thought Manchester by the Sea, Moonlight & Her were cinematic tour-de-force have to review 

A FIFTH, 2,5 hour long TRANSFOMERS MOVIE.

For them, it probably feels like 

- doing chores

- going to the dentist for an extraction

- going to a 5 hour Dubstep concert

- having a colonoscopy

In India, they call this KARMA I think.

:shades::rock:

*Coen