Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

41 minutes ago, cookie said:

So apparently it's all the same shit from the previous films but amplified? Lord have mercy.

That's what happens when Michael Bay is still directing the TF-movies, and doesn't get replaced by another director. He always brings out his formulas to almost every movie he directs. And he won't even learn and try to bring more new stuff for the TF-sequels. Any other director would/would have probably bring/brought something new to the Transformers-films......but not Bay. Not him not. ?

Maybe he comes with this kind of attitude of: "I'm the director of the TF-films so i can do whatever i want with them"? Which in the case is.....being same old samey? Kinda?

He did so decent critically-wise with the first one. What happened to you, Michael Bay? Why are you still bringing the same things that could make this movie have worse reception & scramble your reputation as a director?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

That's what happens when Michael Bay is still directing the TF-movies, and doesn't get replaced by another director. He always brings out his formulas to almost every movie he directs. And he won't even learn and try to bring more new stuff for the TF-sequels. Any other director would/would have probably bring/brought something new to the Transformers-films......but not Bay. Not him not. ?

Maybe he comes with this kind of attitude of: "I'm the director of the TF-films so i can do whatever i want with them"? Which in the case is.....being same old samey? Kinda?

He did so decent critically-wise with the first one. What happened to you, Michael Bay? Why are you still bringing the same things that could make this movie have worse reception & scramble your reputation as a director?

A billion dollars at the box office means that he seems to be doing something right.  And it's not entirely his doing.  Paramount seems to be bribing him in a way.  They'll let him make the movies he wants, but he has to keep giving them a billion dollar movie once every few years.  :sadben:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, baumer said:

Did you like any of the Transformers?

Yeah... I was going to ask this.

I realize that a significant number of people do not like the series except for maybe the 1st one but I enjoyed all of them.

So it's hard to know if someones statements on the movie have relevance to if I like it or not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AndyLL said:

Yeah... I was going to ask this.

I realize that a significant number of people do not like the series except for maybe the 1st one but I enjoyed all of them.

So it's hard to know if someones statements on the movie have relevance to if I like it or not.

Agreed.  I too loved the first three and the 4th grew on me.  

Transformers has become a punch  line over the years but there are plenty who do like them.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, baumer said:

Agreed.  I too loved the first three and the 4th grew on me.  

Transformers has become a punch  line over the years but there are plenty who do like them.

the Transformers franchise to me is like the Mission: Impossible franchise.  Really good first movies, really bad second films, then kind of goes along, sometimes getting better.  But none of them reach the heights of the first one.

but I still enjoy both franchises for the most part regardless :) 

Edited by 75live

39 minutes ago, DAR said:

I am kind of hoping that this or the new Pirates movie doesn't clock in over 2 1/2 hours.  In fact I'd be fine with most films these days not going much past 2 hours

As with all things in life, I look for guidance to Fury Road, which got everything done in exactly two hours. If your big splosiony summer blockbuster is longer than that and not as good/rich, it doesn't use the runtime well. Cut it the hell down.

• Like 5

The ADR in Fury Road was so bad, can't believe nobody talks about it, it looked and sounded like a dubbed movie , in freaking English !

Horrible really.

Bay would have never released a movie with so many technical flaws.

How a guy like George Miller can be so amateurish, on a 150m+ budget ?

Makes no sense.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1