Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

4 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Meh, there's more than enough dumb shit in today's blockbusters. I'd take something with a little more seriousness any day.

What does that even mean, they are just movies? Shindler's List is also just a movie. Entertainment is more than just laughing at stupid jokes. I can be entertained by feeling sadness or suspense.

What I'm saying is that the hyperbole around movies like this gets embarrassing sometimes. These movies are based on a toy line and most of us are adults. The world doesn't revolve around us.

I also not sure what is the distinction that people are making when they are saying something like :

They're just movies. 2+ hours of entertainment. That's all they're supposed to be.

No one ever complained about a movie they did find entertaining, no one seek anything else from movie that are not documentary (entertainment is vast, it goes from crying when the dog in the movie die, to math challenge, to watching football drunk), the issue someone has with Transformer (or any movie) when they have one is to not be entertain by it.

That being said, it is a bit surrealist to read people, that seem to hate a series but still seem to watch all of them at the same time (is that some form of masochism ?, there is always 50 to 70 movies playing in theater if you are in city people. And like said above if you are an adults, those Transformers, Marvels, Valerian, etc... movies are not necessarily for you.

Edited by Barnack

14 minutes ago, John Marston said:

They tried to make Transformers without Bay three times. Battleship, Pacific Rim, And Power Rangers. Didn't work out too well for them

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense and is completely irrelevant.  

Even with that said, I don't like Pacific Rim but it made $400m+, had decent critic reviews and got a sequel.  Pretty bad example to use.  

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense and is completely irrelevant.  

Even with that said, I don't like Pacific Rim but it made $400m+, had decent critic reviews and got a sequel.  Pretty bad example to use.  

Pacific Rim was constantly gushed about how it was "how TF should be". It flopped everywhere but China and a few other markets 

some people werr were saying the same for Power Rangers 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

He was much better at it when he was a younger director.  There are scenes in movies like Bad Boys, The Rock and even Armageddon that have real emotional weight to them.  

IMO, it's because he didn't have all the clout back then. He was still beholden to producers and execs and had less ability to just ignore or change scripts. Even something like THE ISLAND has more emotional beats and interesting moments than the TF franchise. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tele Came Back said:

IMO, it's because he didn't have all the clout back then. He was still beholden to producers and execs and had less ability to just ignore or change scripts. Even something like THE ISLAND has more emotional beats and interesting moments than the TF franchise. 

we all know Tele cries while watching Transformers

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Pacific Rim was constantly gushed about how it was "how TF should be". It flopped everywhere but China and a few other markets 

some people werr were saying the same for Power Rangers 

I've never heard a single person, article or trade publication that ever said Pacific Rim was "how TF should be".  

It made a profit and got a sequel along with mostly positive critic reviews.  This is a terrible example to use.  

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

Yes, spending millions to off the comedic relief was harsh af.

Marky Mark being such an overbearing douche to his daughter, Laminated Romeo, Optimus ranting about how he should murder more, everything out of Kelsey Grammar's mouth

Bay unleashed, the full Bay

• Like 2