ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

generally I don't think leaks effect box office that much (django leaked december 2012 too. not to mention american sniper before it went wide last year). I never thought this one would do as well as some here seemed to think and now they're gonna point to the leak as an excuse.

Now that I have seen SW8 twice, third and final time probably a month later when things died down a bit; this is all I really looking forward to. 2 more days! 

The Kurt Russell come back will hopefully be glorious! 

17 hours ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Apparently the movie has leaked onto the interwebs. This won't help box office I'd imagine. 

Yeah it's definitely online with a ton of attention. But like someone else said so was American Sniper last year (actually for weeks) and that still did shocking numbers for January.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

The length of the movie and the mixed reviews are going to hurt this.

Hopefully it can cross 100 m.

The film took a somewhat steep drop on Rotten tomatoes. It was a 92% a few days back, and now it's 75%, with a 66% among top critics. But even then, it's still generally positive reception (albeit weak for a supposed Oscar contender).

So happy to see the reception for this go south. Tarantino needs to do something else. It also goes to show how important a strong and pushy editor is when it comes to his work. Django is an overlong, indulgent disaster and this sounds like a longer, more indulgent disaster. So not for me despite the fact I'm going this weekend. Wish me luck. :P

This and The Revenant are going to be flops. I don't see how The Recenant comes out on top though-- this will have a bigger audience surely.