CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

DOS expected to gross, 26-30 over friday and 62-68 mil over the weekend

Source : http://variety.com/2013/film/news/hobbit-desolation-of-smaug-lagging-behind-forecasts-with-less-than-70-million-1200953903/

It's worse.

Posted Image

• Like 3

Isn't there a big snowstorm in the US tomorrow? Could have some effect on Saturday increase.

Nope

Actually there is a snowstorm predicted in the northeast, but the severity of it varies.  For instance, near me they are saying possibly 3 inches of snow then changing to freezing rain so basically the roads will be icy.  Other places may get less, so hard to tell right now.

Edited by 75live

An opening in the 60s would be truly laughable.

Posted Image

:lol:

65-70 is just not good and shows that The Hobbit just didn't capture the imagination of the general public that LOTR did. 

Shocking no one ... but still, possibly 20 million less opening weekend is quite a bit.

I'm gonna see it again tomorrow just to make sure my B grade is right.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1

Isn't there a big snowstorm in the US tomorrow? Could have some effect on Saturday increase.

3+ inches predicted for NYC, 6-8 potentially in my home region.

But luckily I am in NYC and am easy walking distance from the AMC my family has the tickets for.

Edited by 4815162342

I'm expecting 12 inches of fun this weekend.

No snow, but been an ice box in South Dakota for the last 2 weeks.  Lows been down to near 25-30 below a couple times.

ED ... speaking of Lord Nolan ... imagine my frustration in not getting the FUCKING TRAILER with Hobbit 2 last night.

No snow, but been an ice box in South Dakota for the last 2 weeks.  Lows been down to near 25-30 below a couple times. ED ... speaking of Lord Nolan ... imagine my frustration in not getting the FUCKING TRAILER with Hobbit 2 last night.

Are you fucking serious? Id choke someone immediately.
  • Like 2

Are you fucking serious? Id choke someone immediately.

I got Divergent, Walter Mitty, 300: ROTE, Jupiter Ascending, some shit called Echo or something ... and some other shit ... but no Interstellar, Godzilla or Spider-Man 2.  What a rip off.

Maybe in the 2D showing they'll have it.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 2

I got Divergent, Walter Mitty, 300: ROTE, Jupiter Ascending, some shit called Echo or something ... and some other shit ... but no Interstellar, Godzilla or Spider-Man 3.  What a rip off.

That's bullshit. Fuck that theater. I wouldn't go again.

Quite a bit of snow right now.

I read that the studio wanted to change the story a bit.In all honesty-if any film wants to be accurate-the women should not be kicking butt. :P

Anyway can't wait to see this still on Monday. (Noticing quite a few people are waiting right now to see it until later)

How is Madea doing? And Frozen and Fire?