CJohn

Ice Age 5: Collision Course (July 22, 2016)

One of the better comparison for films is Australia to the US. Typically the ratio is the AUD total is 10% of the US total. 

Now IA4 made 27m in Australia. (Previous entires were also up on the US total) So in theory they perform comparitely better in Australia. IA5 is currently on track for a sub 15m total. 

My thoughts is IA5 will open below 30m at this point. As low as 25m is possible which isn't good. Even more so when u consider Pets hasn't even been released in Australia (and won't till September. The sole animated competition for Ice age 5 here is dory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JJ-8 said:

One of the better comparison for films is Australia to the US. Typically the ratio is the AUD total is 10% of the US total. 

Now IA4 made 27m in Australia. (Previous entires were also up on the US total) So in theory they perform comparitely better in Australia. IA5 is currently on track for a sub 15m total. 

My thoughts is IA5 will open below 30m at this point. As low as 25m is possible which isn't good. Even more so when u consider Pets hasn't even been released in Australia (and won't till September. The sole animated competition for Ice age 5 here is dory. 

Oh I thought Pets is gonna have an August release in Oz. Why the delay? Do you think September is a good month in terms of box office potential for animated films in Oz?

11 hours ago, Spaghetti said:

The reviews for this are some of the worst I've seen for an animated film from a major studio.

I ve seen this and I agree with reviews, the movie is abysmal, I don't remember anything from it, animation is average.

I am normally super easy to please so yeah, expect this to tank hard.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Even though it's going to underperform, I expect Fox will still greenlight a sixth film since the budget are under or around $100m so they'll be profitable since OS takings will be triple the final domestic total. I want the series to end because it's clearly ran out of ideas but I would like to see closure so if they can a decent sixth film that reunite the kid from the first film with the original trio, that could be cool.

I don't think it matters, really. It's already made enough to fund a sixth film. I think that may finally be the kicker for this franchise's longevity.

I'm kinda curious to see how far they'll take it, way more than actually seeing this crap. (for the record, the last one I saw was the second one)

Ice Age 6: Extinction (aka Dominance of Mammals)

It literally would make sense given that they are loosely following the historical nature of it all.

It'd be the full circle after Collision Course and all. Show the rise of mankind while the other large species quietly go away(in some kid friendly version of that). 

Ice Age

Ice Age: Meltdown (First large Ice Age ends)

Ice Age: Rise of Dinosaurs

Ice Age: Continental Drift (Pangea breaks up)

Ice Age: Collision Course (see End of Dinosaurs)

• Like 1