iceroll

BOT's 36 Worst Films of All Time - Ceremony Complete! Master List on Page 1.

Worst list in the history of this forum ... it was presented well, but the Snyder hate is just ridiculous.

Damn, MOS isn't even Razzie worthy for the year, yet it's worst 36 ever according to people here ... and I find 300 okay ... Sucker Punch isn't very good, but even that isn't 'worst 36' ever.  Not even worst 500.

... and Batman Returns ... are you fucking kidding me.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 2

How about PAINT YOUR WAGON, a Lee Marvin/Clint Eastwood musical western?Or ZARDOZ, where Sean Connery runs around in a diaper for 2 hours?Or GENGHIS KHAN, with John Wayne as Genghis Khan?Stretch your horizons, people.  :D

Paint Your Wagon is a REAL MOVIE?!?! I always thought it was just a Simpsons joke.

http://youtu.be/KvLIjVjb260

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3

How about PAINT YOUR WAGON, a Lee Marvin/Clint Eastwood musical western?Or ZARDOZ, where Sean Connery runs around in a diaper for 2 hours?Or GENGHIS KHAN, with John Wayne as Genghis Khan?Stretch your horizons, people. :D

Dude don't you know that Hipsters don't watch most old movies? :P

Worst list in the history of this forum ... it was presented well, but the Snyder hate is just ridiculous.

Damn, MOS isn't even Razzie worthy for the year, yet it's worst 36 ever according to people here ... and I find 300 okay ... Sucker Punch isn't very good, but even that isn't 'worst 36' ever.  Not even worst 500.

... and Batman Returns ... are you fucking kidding me.

Sorry, but I'll defend my Batman Returns hate with every ounce of blood in me.  I can't stand that bloated, terrible, horrible, no good, very bad film.  The script is one of the biggest most enormous piles of shit ever made into film.  There are just some films that you will be diametrically opposed to, even if the majority of the people like it.  BR is that film for me.

The Razzies are truly the Oscars of bad films. Just as the best film of a year rarely wins the Oscar, the worst film of the year rarely wins the Razzie. Take 2009 for example. The nominees for worst picture included G.I. Joe, Land of the Lost, and Transformers 2, with TF2 winning. I'm not a Transformers fan in the least, but come on! Dragon Ball Evolution was clearly "snubbed." I bet there were even worse films than that, although as a DBZ fan I was most offended by DBE.

• Like 1

The Razzies are a joke.

Yes, they are. That's kinda the point.

They're not especially funny though. otoh The fact that some people take them seriously enough to care what they say and bitch about them is fucking hilarious.

Edited by CoolioD1

Or ZARDOZ, where Sean Connery runs around in a diaper for 2 hours?

I've actually seen Zardoz twice. The first time I loathed it. The second time I kind of got into it. I have a feeling there will eventually be a third time.

5. Bewitched- Unbearable past the 10 minute mark

Wow, I had completely forgotten about that abomination.

I understand that there are horrible films out there that I will never hear of let alone see, but I would also argue that as well as subjectivity, one must consider relativity as well.

When a director of the class and pedigree like Tim Burton is given $200M and one of the best actors in the world at his disposal to make an adaptation of a piece of all time classic literature and it turns out complete and total shite (you can choose Charlie or Alice here), then that warrants a place of a worst ever film list as the money+talent / quality factor is awfully low. 

Take another example....

The reason why I will continue to consider D War the worst film ever made is because it almost single handedly destroyed the film industry of an entire nation. Over the previous 8 years Korean cinema was getting more and more recognition from the foreign market, Films like Oldboy were winning awards at Cannes and by 2005/6 it was arguabl one of the best foreign language markets out there and Korean films were starting to get bigger and bigger releases worldwide.

Then a $70M Korean made project is announced and gets a wide release. It is the first opportunity for subtitle haters to exsperience Korean film-making and it is abysmal, shocking on every level. Okay there may be objectively worse film and worse made films out there, but this film made millions of people think that the love of Korean cinema was just cool people being cool and that D War represented the general quality of Korean filmmaking. It probably took 3 or 4 years for the industry to competely recover from this.

That is worst film ever candidacy right there.

Nothing made on a budget on 50k with friends and family as the stars can ever reach those levels of incompetency, dissappointment or general waste of the talent and resources available. Even if objectively they are inferior films.

• Like 1

I understand that there are horrible films out there that I will never hear of let alone see, but I would also argue that as well as subjectivity, one must consider relativity as well.When a director of the class and pedigree like Tim Burton is given $200M and one of the best actors in the world at his disposal to make an adaptation of a piece of all time classic literature and it turns out complete and total shite (you can choose Charlie or Alice here), then that warrants a place of a worst ever film list as the money+talent / quality factor is awfully low. Take another example....The reason why I will continue to consider D War the worst film ever made is because it almost single handedly destroyed the film industry of an entire nation. Over the previous 8 years Korean cinema was getting more and more recognition from the foreign market, Films like Oldboy were winning awards at Cannes and by 2005/6 it was arguabl one of the best foreign language markets out there and Korean films were starting to get bigger and bigger releases worldwide.Then a $70M Korean made project is announced and gets a wide release. It is the first opportunity for subtitle haters to exsperience Korean film-making and it is abysmal, shocking on every level. Okay there may be objectively worse film and worse made films out there, but this film made millions of people think that the love of Korean cinema was just cool people being cool and that D War represented the general quality of Korean filmmaking. It probably took 3 or 4 years for the industry to competely recover from this.That is worst film ever candidacy right there.Nothing made on a budget on 50k with friends and family as the stars can ever reach those levels of incompetency, dissappointment or general waste of the talent and resources available. Even if objectively they are inferior films.

You guys still made The Host so Korea gets a fucking big pass in my book :)

How about PAINT YOUR WAGON, a Lee Marvin/Clint Eastwood musical western?Or ZARDOZ, where Sean Connery runs around in a diaper for 2 hours?Or GENGHIS KHAN, with John Wayne as Genghis Khan?Stretch your horizons, people. :D

Actually the John Wayne film was the Conqueror. It was filmed on a nuclear test site and is believed to have caused cancer in 90 of 200+ cast and crew including Wayne. If that isn't a bad film I don't know what is
  • Like 2

Wow there's a lot of whining about the list here. If you didn't vote you don't get to complain. While I disagree with many on this list there's 3 factors that come into play here in regards to the way we think and rank that screws up lists like these.1: Many of us don't remember boring movies since they're pretty forgettable. The ones we remember are the ones we go into watching expecting something good and get a complete and utter snore fest or piece of crap in return. For example if you go into a movie expecting it to be bad and it is it probably wouldn't make your list, what would make your list is you going into a movie expecting something good/great and getting a terrible film. Both are bad movies, but expectations change how we view the movie.2: We don't actively seek out to watch bad films. Are there hundreds worse out there? Of course, but we don't seek them out, because we all have busy lives and don't want to waste our time watching something we know we probably won't like. We all shield ourselves from the truly bad movies as much as possible. Why the hell would anyone torture themselves for watching Hansel + Gretel Get Baked when they could watch a great movie like Raiders of The Lost Ark? No one has time that can be wasted, we try to be efficient as possible in that matter.3: Human memory is a huge factor. As we see more movie the bad movies get replaced by other bad movies, which is one of the reason most of these films are fairly recent. We remember a few of the truly terrible movies from early on, but the ones that are just bad get lost in the shuffle. I mean even reading posts after the list was made people have been expressing wishes to alter their list, because they forgot about a film.So next time vote and remember that these factors will always effect the outcome of such lists. Sit back and relax, it was a fun activity for the forum to do. Am I upset at some of the choices? Yeah of course I am, but I didn't vote so I don't get to complain. Congrats Iceroll on a awesome job! I will definitely participate next time you do this :)

• Like 3