LexJoker

Wednesday #s (1/1) | FRZ 8.72,DOS 7.8,WOWS 5.671,AM2 4.874,SMB 4.178 (Official estimates)

Wednesday number puts Frozen on target for 354M (~138% ahead of Tangled's OD multiplier). 44% is the goal for DM2, it should jump over 40%, this weekend. 56% is the target for 400M.

It needs over 300M to hit 40% so more around 39.5% but I think it ends up around 45-46% to finish around 370M+.  

Where I live in Virginia, some schools go back today, some don't. My sister and her husband are teachers in different cities with two kids, one in preschool, so the four of them are all in different school districts. One parent and kid had to go back today, the other two start back on Monday. The numbers today will be a lot better than next Thursday's numbers.

Possibly, though not to the same scale, more likely theaters will keep it a few more weeks while they move on from the Christmas dead weight really fast.

Shadow Recruit and Nut Job are coming out Jan 17 and we have Frankenstein in late Jan.  So Frozen and CF still have legs.

I see that Frozen has increased showtimes in a lot of places. Would they do the same for CF?

I was wondering what effects Frozen's performance will have on its loss of theaters this weekend? It is outperforming DOS but has 600 less theaters. Even Anchorman2 has more theaters. Will the theater owners take this into account and shave more theaters from A2 & DOS or is theater loss mostly already booked/commited? Edited by xube

I was wondering what effects Frozen's performance will have on its loss of theaters this weekend? It is outperforming DOS but has 600 less theaters. Even Anchorman2 has more theaters. Will the theater owners take this into account and shave more theaters from A2 & DOS or is theater loss mostly already booked/commited?

It's only booked for 1st 2 weeks of a movies run, after that it depends on theaters especially in Frozen's case. It's going to make 20M+ in 6th weekend so theaters take a lot more in revenues later in a movies run than in the beginning so clearly theaters owners will prefer it over DOS or AM2 or any new openers.  :D

• Like 3

It's only booked for 1st 2 weeks of a movies run, after that it depends on theaters especially in Frozen's case. It's going to make 20M+ in 6th weekend so theaters take a lot more in revenues later in a movies run than in the beginning so clearly theaters owners will prefer it over DOS or AM2 or any new openers.  :D

I was wondering what effects Frozen's performance will have on its loss of theaters this weekend? It is outperforming DOS but has 600 less theaters. Even Anchorman2 has more theaters. Will the theater owners take this into account and shave more theaters from A2 & DOS or is theater loss mostly already booked/commited?

Druv is right.  We had 12 shows a day for Frozen's first 3-4 weeks.  On Christmas day, it was dropped to 5 shows, but moved to IDX for the first 3, which is the biggest theater we have.  So, yeah, the initial engagement was honored and since it was still doing better than almost everything else, we removed the first 2 shows of Hobbit 3D HFR and put in 3 shows of Frozen.

I'm sure most theaters were doing what they could to keep it playing as much as possible.

• Like 4

Regarding Frozen's "disappointing" number,

A tue, wed and thu of 6m, 9m, 6m = 21m 3-day

A tue, wed and thu of 7m, 8.5m, 6.5m = 22m 3-day

Being steady >> Biggest single day number

Edited by a2knet

Wednesday number puts Frozen on target for 354M (~138% ahead of Tangled's OD multiplier). 44% is the goal for DM2, it should jump over 40% this weekend. 56% is the target for 40M.

Baumer said it already before but I think this will be at or around 350 by the end of MLK birthday
  • Like 2

Once Frozen Passes Inception's 292 million it becomes the highest grossing fully original movie since Avatar

Even though it's only really, really, really loosely based on the snow queen it still doesn't count for that record.

• Like 1

Once Frozen Passes Inception's 292 million it becomes the highest grossing fully original movie since Avatar

It is not fully original. It is based on the Snow Queen.