Blankments

Monday Numbers - FRZ 1.7M WOWS 1.4M DOS 1.3M PA 1.1M AH 1.0M

Well from the weekend predict thread-what are you predicting to be the first fresh film of the year?I'm guessing Lego or Monument Men right now.

Jack Ryan. If it is not that one, then yes, we will have to wait for Lego and Monuments Men. Labor Day and That Awkward Moment in January 30 may do it too.

Yeah crazy. WB and Fox tend to be the worse in that department.

I remember making a comment about how WB was still tacking that owls film and someone said "they are still tracking Inception!"

Sony use to stop tracking pretty fast.Lions tends to stop fast, but as of late they are not.

Minions >

Even though the Minions were the highlight of DM and DM2, I don't know how you can build a whole movie around characters which are meant for sketch jokes. Hopefully the writers are good, or the movie will suffer badly. The minions are best in their one-off short films like Banana.

Even though the Minions were the highlight of DM and DM2, I don't know how you can build a whole movie around characters which are meant for sketch jokes. Hopefully the writers are good, or the movie will suffer badly. The minions are best in their one-off short films like Banana.

It's about how the Minions came to be... Sandra Bullock is the star of the next one so I'd say $250 million is a lock if you combine the great release date (5 weeks of no competition and 3 weeks after Inside Out) and Sandra's star power 

Frozen 8th weekend > Nut Job's opening  :P

Hmm... 

7th weekend: $19 million 

8th weekend: $17.5 million/$23 million 4-day (seems good for 3rd place  :lol: )

Nut Job

Opening: $7.5 million/$10 million 4 day - $20 to 22 million total  :)  less than Frozen's first Friday

Hmm... 

7th weekend: $19 million 

8th weekend: $17.5 million/$23 million 4-day (seems good for 3rd place  :lol: )

Nut Job

Opening: $7.5 million/$10 million 4 day - $20 to 22 million total  :)  less than Frozen's first Friday

MLK is next to next weekend (20th jan weekend), right?

Frozen will drop in 30-35% range next weekend. So about 13m-14m

So could still be bigger than Nut Job's OW during MLK but 17.5m/23m is too high

Edited by a2knet