Impact

2014 Best Picture Prediction thread!

Just watched a trailer for the biopic of Stephan Hawking, look like oscar bait all over. Its getting an early small release in US on November 7th which is an indication it may want to get some build up during award season. Check it out.

Thoughts?

Boyhood better not win, it was a gimmick.

Lots of people said that about The Artist.  :P

But seriously, lucky for you, it's not going to. Even with these reviews, I'm still not convinced that it's getting more than nominations. I think Director could happen, though.

• Like 1

Lots of people said that about The Artist.  :P

But seriously, lucky for you, it's not going to. Even with these reviews, I'm still not convinced that it's getting more than nominations. I think Director could happen, though.

Director will happen. Boyhood is like exactly what the Director's branch loves to go for.

Really curious to see Boyhood. 

Right now I'm also rooting for Gone Girl, Unbroken, Inherent Vice, Fury, Birdman and Wild. Not that I think all of them will be nommed, but those are the fims I'm anticipating the most.

I'm not very confident with Interestellar chances. Hype can turn against that movie.

Foxcatcher will probably be nominated but for whatever reason I have no interest in it.

I've realized that this year we have a lot of biopics in contention: Turner, Big Eyes, Theory of Everything, Selma, Foxcatcher, The imitation game, Unbroken, Get on up...

Hope most of them don't make the cut. Already sick of biopics