Shawn Robbins

Official Friday Est: I FRANK (2.82), RIDE (6.3), LONE (3.6), RYAN (2.6), HUSTLE (1.96), FROZEN (2.1)

so I went and saw a 10:20pm showing of I, Frankenstein

let me just say that all 9 of us in the theater actually somewhat enjoyed this 

Did you enjoy it as a bad movie? 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Labor Day is gonna tank hard, surprised it will get that much screens I thought it will be like Oldboy last time.

They showed trailers for both that and Winter's Tale at my Nebraska screening yesterday. It's amazing how much worse a movie can look when someone else chooses the same song for their trailer soundtrack.

What's with Frozen's lackluster weekend multipliers?

Nut Job had a multiplier of 4.47 and Frozen 4.25.

In 2011 Yogi Bear had a multiplier of 5.17 and Tangled 4.61

Yogi Bear used to have better weekends and Tangled would overtake it on weekdays.

Same seems to happening with NJ and Frozen, as Frozen is attracting non-kiddies too, just like Tangled did.

EDIT: And yeah, Sunday numbers could be better than Nikki's for sure

Edited by a2knet

My parents went to see The Book Thief and told me it was quite good.

The Book Thief was the most surprising film of the year for me.  Emily Watson gave the best performance of the year for an actress imo.  It's too bad it go so overlooked.  Strangely enough the day I saw it, a Wednesday no less, it was packed, like 90% full for a 4pm show.  

• Like 1

What a shock. Wawrinka is about to win the Aussie Open against Nadal.And it's over. Wawrinka wins his first Grand Slam.

Well, Nadal was injured. If Wawrinka does not win today, it would have been quite embarrasing for him.

Anyway, congrats to Wawrinka, he has been the best of the tournament.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 2