grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

So why are people OUTRAGED that ScarJo plays an Asian character but gave Tilda Swinton a free pass minus some minor complaining? Is it cuz ScarJo is hot and Tilda is not? Don't get me wrong, Tilda is phenomenal but because she is unattractive there's this idea that it's ok, she knows what she's doing, there's a reason they cast her. While ScarJo is just hot and dumb so it's wrong. 

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

So why are people OUTRAGED that ScarJo plays an Asian character but gave Tilda Swinton a free pass minus some minor complaining? Is it cuz ScarJo is hot and Tilda is not? Don't get me wrong, Tilda is phenomenal but because she is unattractive there's this idea that it's ok, she knows what she's doing, there's a reason they cast her. While ScarJo is just hot and dumb so it's wrong. 

Tilda Swinton's unattractive? News to me...

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

One reason: MARVEL

4 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Next year is a whole lot of win for science fiction fans. So much coming out.

I know right? Innitially wasn't feeling the slate very much because of endless sequels, now it Looks really awesome for Sci-fi. This, valerian and BR 2049 even give off a somewhat similar vibe, normally we'd lucky to get 1 such film per year. 

I am even more exicted for Alien Covenant, Duncan Jones' Mute, and Alex Garland's Annihilation etc.

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Is this movie gonna be R rated. If it's PG-13, it's disappointing...:)

I don't support an R rating for the sake of an R rating.

Deadpool need an R-rating for brute violence and sex/vulgar humor.

GitS doesn't need to gratuitous. It's an existential, thinking man's movie.

Having said that violence can evoke emotion and shock that can convey artistic messages also.

I'm cool with an R rating if it serves the storytelling but if it works without an R rating I'm fine with it as long as the movie is still good (hopefully really good).

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Looks pretty average. When I see Scarlett in any role now I see the actress and not the character. Maybe they should've gotten an unknown actress instead?

Unfortunately it probably would not have been green light without her.

42 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Tilda got backlash too.The creators kept on defending themselves and making up dumb excuses. But she isn't' the main character. No one is jealous of Scarjo or hating on her because she's pretty.