grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

7 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

it's first link for the search "Ghost In Shell Muscles", I guess it's cherry picking but the point still remains. Scarjo is not athletic and the Major should be player by an athletic actress. If there exists no action star female A list actor, then just pick a B list one. Or take a hit in the quality of the film in exchange for extra box office (just like Ghost in the Shell).

She's athletic and has the acting chops, which is much more important for the role of The Major. 

19 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The thing I don't like with Scarjo is that she is too self-aware that half of the planet wants to impregnate her.

This definitely isn't a problem for those of us within the population you speak of.

SCARJO always does her bedroom eyes, in her movies, public appearances, photo shoots/spreads.

She just divorced and went on record saying monogamy was not for her.

Edited by The Futurist

The problem with poor Scarlett is that she hit her peak young, She was in North, Home Alone 3 and Eight Legged Freaks. Since then, she's been desperately trying to relive those glory days but none of her projects have been anywhere near as good and it appears to be having an effect on her.

This movie is a visual treat with a lot of things you really haven't seen before and some great action .  Pretty damn good but will be interested to see if it can find an wide audience.  

LOL at saying Scarlett isn't athletic enough.  She damn well looks it and more than pulls it off.  Oh, and this....

ironman-ScarlettJohansson-avengers-check 

• Like 14

It's a great ass and she should be proud. I don't know why some fans here still feel offended about the athletic comment. She has a typical bombshell body and that's the reason why they cast her in action roles - it's male fantasy to have an ass-kicker who looks like that (all comic book ass-kickers have big boobs and big ass) even though such build would end up last at any tournament (running, gymnastics, MMA, etc). Movies are not real life plus her stunt double does it all anyway. And visibly so. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

It's a great ass and she should be proud. I don't know why some fans here still feel offended about the athletic comment. She has a typical bombshell body and that's the reason why they cast her in action roles - it's male fantasy to have an ass-kicker who looks like that (all comic book ass-kickers have big boobs and big ass) even though such build would end up last at any tournament (running, gymnastics, MMA, etc). Movies are not real life plus her stunt double does it all anyway. And visibly so. 

Don't think anyone is offended. It's just a really weird complaint to have.

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Not to mention she has a body double for 90% of her action/fight scenes.

You have no idea what VFX teams can do right now.

Yep. Digitally slapping a star's face on stunt double's face has been around since early aughts (Matrix sequels, AOTC) but now it's seamless in close-ups (TWS's Mirren lookalike kicking ass).

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

VFX these days can make anyone look believable doing crazy athletic shit though. It's really not a big problem.

Sure, it would be a little more realistic but it's a sci-fi movie, I really don't mind it. It's the definition of a non-issue. Plus without her this would never have gotten made.

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Just for those to don't know, or might care, her usual stunt double is Heidi Moneymaker (yes, real name), and her much taller sister Renae, is Jennifer Lawrence's stunt double. Former gymnasts and top notch doubles. I think ScarJo was stung by the criticisms that she didn't do her own stunts, she claims she did a lot of it in GITS.

I think she's fit enough, it's just that she's never leaned out.  Jennifer Connelly looked like a taller version of her when she was younger, but she really got super lean over the last few years.  That lead to the stories she had breast reduction surgery, but I think she just got super skinny.

I crack up at how JLaw makes no bones about not doing her own stunts, just says no way let the pro do it.

Edited by ChrisTelclear
  • Like 2