CJohn

LEGO's Ninjago | Lego Movie Spin-off | September 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 3

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Apparently this movie's biggest problem is that the self-referential LEGO formula is starting to feel rote, which I suppose was inevitable.

i think the 'blocky' animation also gets less fun to watch compared to photo realistic animation.

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Apparently this movie's biggest problem is that the self-referential LEGO formula is starting to feel rote, which I suppose was inevitable.

I said they should have spaced this further from LEGO Batman to give people time to miss it and here we are. At least there's a year and a half until the original's sequel. 

• Like 1

Boys will be too embarrassed to ask their parents to go see My Little Pony movie, so Ninjago pretty much has no family competition until Thor.

This could be another movie saved by its release date like The Boss Baby.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

D'oh, not looking all that great after all, hein? Oh well, most of the reviews say the movie suffers due to its similarities with the formula - kinda like what they say with Kingsman 2 - but quite honestly, I don't see that holding audiences back from enjoying it. If it's funny, and outlets are saying it is, then it will succeed, especially with so little competition (My Little Pony isn't really going to be a huge detriment to the money it makes).

20 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

D'oh, not looking all that great after all, hein? Oh well, most of the reviews say the movie suffers due to its similarities with the formula - kinda like what they say with Kingsman 2 - but quite honestly, I don't see that holding audiences back from enjoying it. If it's funny, and outlets are saying it is, then it will succeed, especially with so little competition (My Little Pony isn't really going to be a huge detriment to the money it makes).

I think it's probably the fact it's coming off the critically acclaimed Lego Batman Movie which was great and this is essentially the WAG B movie for this year. 

I dont think the fact Lego Ninjago isnt as good as their other films will hurt WAG in the long run but I hope that Smallfoot can do decently so we can have a hit WAG film that isn't Lego

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Cochofles said:

:rofl:

Never change, buddy...never change.

2017 will go down as your most hated year...

I look at facts. And the fact is that it is currently ROTTEN (most likely stay so) on RT.  My saying "At this point ,  it is too early say that "WB's positive streak continues."   Only 12 reviews in !" just proves to be true. 

17 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

I look at facts. And the fact is that it is currently ROTTEN (most likely stay so) on RT.  My saying "At this point ,  it is too early say that "WB's positive streak continues."   Only 12 reviews in !" just proves to be true. 

Kevin, leave!

I think I mentioned this in the Lego Batman thread, but I'm really starting to wonder now how these spin-offs will affect the reception of the actual Lego Movie Sequel. No matter how good that movie turns out to be, I think both audiences and critics will be underwhelmed because of WB's decision to release TWO spin-off movies in between them, and so close together. If they had just done the Lego Batman Movie, things probably wouldn't turn out too badly. But after this, I think they're really going to see it backfire. Now the Lego Movie Sequel won't be seen as "the sequel to a movie loved by a audiences and critics alike", but "just another in a long line of Lego movies". 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blipsy said:

I think I mentioned this in the Lego Batman thread, but I'm really starting to wonder now how these spin-offs will affect the reception of the actual Lego Movie Sequel. No matter how good that movie turns out to be, I think both audiences and critics will be underwhelmed because of WB's decision to release TWO spin-off movies in between them, and so close together. If they had just done the Lego Batman Movie, things probably wouldn't turn out too badly. But after this, I think they're really going to see it backfire. Now the Lego Movie Sequel won't be seen as "the sequel to a movie loved by a audiences and critics alike", but "just another in a long line of Lego movies". 

The 5-year gap probably doesn't help either.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Boys will be too embarrassed to ask their parents to go see My Little Pony movie, so Ninjago pretty much has no family competition until Thor.

This could be another movie saved by its release date like The Boss Baby.

The Boss Baby wasn't saved, it was a big hit because it was a movie that managed to widely appeal to kids.

• Like 2

The Boss Baby wasn't saved, it was a big hit because it was a movie that managed to widely appeal to kids.

When I mean saved, I mean zero family competition basically. Perfect scheduling really helps. If Boss Baby had been in the middle of summer it wouldn't have been nearly as big.