CJohn

LEGO's Ninjago | Lego Movie Spin-off | September 22, 2017 | Trailer on page 3

18 minutes ago, Blipsy said:

I think I mentioned this in the Lego Batman thread, but I'm really starting to wonder now how these spin-offs will affect the reception of the actual Lego Movie Sequel. No matter how good that movie turns out to be, I think both audiences and critics will be underwhelmed because of WB's decision to release TWO spin-off movies in between them, and so close together. If they had just done the Lego Batman Movie, things probably wouldn't turn out too badly. But after this, I think they're really going to see it backfire. Now the Lego Movie Sequel won't be seen as "the sequel to a movie loved by a audiences and critics alike", but "just another in a long line of Lego movies". 

I think many saw Lego Batman as the Lego movie sequel 

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

Ninjago never looked particularly good and it's premise never sounded all that interesting. Still Emoji made over 80mil with far worse reviews. I still expect 80-90mil.

I think it'll crack $100m domestic. It's got a bigger brand compared to Emoji or Storks

• Like 1

Boss Baby was saved by its release date, 6 weekends of zero animation (excluding Smurfs which never took off) competition until Underpants. Now that is something that doesn't happen often.

Ninjago has 9 weekends of zero animation competition until Coco, excluding Pony.

Families are really starved right now.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

I look at facts. And the fact is that it is currently ROTTEN (most likely stay so) on RT.  My saying "At this point ,  it is too early say that "WB's positive streak continues."   Only 12 reviews in !" just proves to be true. 

So...what's with the absurd hatred for all things WB?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

So...what's with the absurd hatred for all things WB?

Kevin's just being Kevin. Think after Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, Annabelle and IT have all been successful, he's been craving for a WB flop or critical failure.

WB really shouldn't release two films in September, last year, Sully was a hit but Storks did modest business while IT is a huge hit but it's likely Ninjago will do decent business. Maybe the reverse will happen next year with Smallfoot and A Star is Born

Edited by Jonwo

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Read some reviews, what’s with Lego films not being able to keep their momentum?

Seems like this crashes downhill right after the first act just like Lego Batman did.

Should they ditch the films and just make shorts from now on? I think so. 

I think what has happened with the Lego franchise can be explained in one brief sentence; Lack of Lord and Miller.

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I don't think that Lego stuff will ever do as good as the first lego movie did. I do not expect the sequel to do $200m, unless it's a real masterpiece. Fatigue happened real fast. Kids do not seem to be really intrested. They have to find new stuff.

MLP won't draw them....JL will