AdamKendall

Space Jam: A New Legacy | July 16 2021 | WB | Malcolm D. Lee to direct, Ryan Coogler producing. Lebron James to star

I love all the Warner's Looney Tunes characters, but I really think the first Space Jam milked all the humor there is out of the whole "Looney Toon charecters interact with big time Athelete" routine.

And don't know if Lebron has the kind of easy going charm that MJ had,which allowed him to get away with being pretty much the straight man for Bugs and company in the first film.

Yup, Jumanji hitting the kind of numbers it has makes me believe that this will get done, sooner than later. Wouldn't surprise me if they went for a 2020 release, to try to counter Avatar 2 (since Jumanji did a stunning job at facing Star Wars).

I would be more "ehh" on this (and while Space Jam is kind of a guilty pleasure, it's not a good movie at Goddamn all) but Justin Lin directing makes me more hopeful.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yup, Jumanji hitting the kind of numbers it has makes me believe that this will get done, sooner than later. Wouldn't surprise me if they went for a 2020 release, to try to counter Avatar 2 (since Jumanji did a stunning job at facing Star Wars).

I would be more "ehh" on this (and while Space Jam is kind of a guilty pleasure, it's not a good movie at Goddamn all) but Justin Lin directing makes me more hopeful.

Sing 2 comes out in 2020. I think it’s that WAG 2021 Christmas event spot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Space Jam 2's biggest hurdle is that LeBron is nowhere near as well known OS compared to Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes themselves aren't going to bring the big bucks. 

I wonder if WB will try and crossover other characters they own into the movie. I know Scooby Doo has a WAG film coming out but it'd neat to have not only Looney Tunes but maybe the Hanna Barbera characters and the MGM cartoons appearing alongside Bugs and Daffy. 

• Like 1