Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

52 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

I wonder if this picture is from the actual movie and representative of the "look" of A2, if yes it will be a substantial change from the first, the clarity and sharpness of this image is striking. The mind boggles at what the CGI characters are going to look like if that's the case, my earliest prediction was take the best looking images from A1 and upscale those to photo real. I get a feeling A2 is going to make Aquaman II look like an etch a sketch in comparison. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

After seeing how well Spidey is doing, I'm starting to think 5 BIG billies are on the cards.

Hope soon we get a preview of A2 or info about a re-release of Avatar.

It wouldn't surprise me if they re-launch Avatar as a 3 day limited engagement that features a preview of the sequel before they unleash trailers on the net/social media. 

• Like 2

Just now, GoblinXXR said:

Well the direct shot may not be in the film but I'm sure this scene/moment is in it. Unless he's using that technique for a specific reason.

I mean it seems like he's going for a riff on Apocalypse Now, and the lighting is way off for it to be a screen from the final film.

I found the data that Avatar is still the highest grossing IMAX film with $250m,BOM report that Avatar break over 82 oversea market's IMAX box office record,and of course break North America IMAX box office record in 2009,Avatar still hold the record in many countries till today,Means in 2009 Avatar break IMAX box office record in EVERY SINGLE MARKET 

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, ImNotExcited said:

1497af8c40.jpg

Shot of Spider is taken from this same scene. It's just a set photo as you can still see the green screen pillars in the Spider close up.

Great spot! It is for sure, those 2 green things also give further confirmation that it's not a final shot.

All this new stuff for A2 is starting to get me excited once again. I've pushed that feeling down because it's been delayed like 6 fucking times in the last 8 years but it feels real now. Hopefully the pandemic is in much better control by then and we get a full release slate. I want to believe in this $4 billion dream! 

• Like 1

This is the news about Avatar break 3D box office record in India,overtake local buster '3 Idiots'.

'According to the latest collection figures of last weekend, Avatar’s (in 3D English) is clearly ahead of 3 Idiots in multiplexes in the Northern belt (predominantly a Hindi speaking market). While the collections of Aamir Khan’s film were reported to be Rs 24 Lakhs from the 4 major multiplexes where 3D is available, Avatar raced ahead with a collection of around 39 Lakhs. In fact in PVR Select City & PVR Ambience, Avatar (3D) has already grossed a record breaking 1.5 Crores each'

We can see how Avatar boost IMAX 3D box office market all over the world,it's true 'The industrial revolution' of the movie

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bruce said:

This is the news about Avatar break 3D box office record in India,overtake local buster '3 Idiots'.

'According to the latest collection figures of last weekend, Avatar’s (in 3D English) is clearly ahead of 3 Idiots in multiplexes in the Northern belt (predominantly a Hindi speaking market). While the collections of Aamir Khan’s film were reported to be Rs 24 Lakhs from the 4 major multiplexes where 3D is available, Avatar raced ahead with a collection of around 39 Lakhs. In fact in PVR Select City & PVR Ambience, Avatar (3D) has already grossed a record breaking 1.5 Crores each'

We can see how Avatar boost IMAX 3D box office market all over the world,it's true 'The industrial revolution' of the movie

As my house cleaner likes to remind me, she and her family who are from Mangaluru, all went to see it multiple times - something they had never done for a non-Hindi movie before, or since. I have promised them all tickets to he Leicester square showing in Dolby laser for the sequels.

On 12/20/2021 at 12:28 PM, GoblinXXR said:

I'm not sure how well Avatar 2 will do without a multiverse storyline but here's hoping it can at least make a billion...

Reveal hidden contents

Been hearing some rumblings about Jack and Rose coming to Pandora...

• Astonished 1