Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

In the particular case of this piece of news (Avatar being delayed), talking about Star Wars Episode 8's release date is fairly justified I would say.

On the other hand, having people discuss Avatar's foreign gross in a Domestic week-end numbers thread wasn't justified, and thus people were warned to stop.

That's how I understand it anyway.

11 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I realistically don't see SW land being done until 2020. Pandora was announced in early 2011 and will open a full 6 years later than that. Cars Land was announced in '07 I believe and opened in 2012. 5-6 years is Disney's typical time-frame for completing a newly announced land. Not only that, but SW land is the biggest undertaking they have ever done outside of an entirely new theme park, so even at a faster construction pace it could take just as long. Disney is terrible about constructing, they like to draw it out to cut costs. Granted I could see them maybe trying to rush it for a 2019 opening with IX's release, but even if they throw a ton of money at it that's probably the absolute earliest it can be finished.  

From what I've read...they are pushing to have the one at Disneyland CA done before episode 9. I'm assuming Florida's will be on a similar schedule. These were the demands of Iger to Imagineering. 

http://micechat.com/118668-disneyland-phantom-menace/

Edited by rustyspoons89
Added source

45 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Wonder which weekend would've been better, BvS v Cap, or SW vs Avatar.

Obviously SW vs Avatar. But yeah, both of those would have been great. Well we can still hope for an Episode IX vs Avatar 3 (or still 2 in 2019 ?) which will never happen.

4 hours ago, The Panda said:

Hey now, let's be fair

Hidden Content

He actually is that slow sadly. Though he writes 1000-pages books, not do a 2-hour movie. 

4 hours ago, vc2002 said:

This is I think the closest case.

But we're on the internet, where people like to see everything as rivalry between studios, franchises, film-makers, etc.

It's definitively is let's be honest. Disney wouldn't go there without knowing Avatar was "delayed". But the way it was announced will definitely make people think Avatar flinched. They should have tell before the SW date change, it wouldn't be ready by 2017. It would have looked better for them

9 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

And as you can see, Kal is nowhere to be found.. 

he didn't post since some time there (well I didn't see him on the last few pages I didn't read all the thread). Didn't he post like every 2 minutes here normally ? This 512 pages thread is probably half of his posts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shaldun said:

Didn't he post like every 2 minutes here normally ? This 512 pages thread is probably half of his posts.

Only 1700 posts in this thread.

Quite impressively, Kal's cousin IronJim has already made over 200 posts in this thread in less than a month.

• Like 3