Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

https://www.list.co.uk/article/98986-david-thewlis-confirms-hes-in-all-avatar-sequels/ 

More casting news - interesting that it's another Caucasian playing a Na'vi (the other being Winslet) I wonder if they'll be humans running Avatars or native Na'vi - I'm assuming the latter. 

Nice, harry potter gang get in here @FantasticBeasts, @Noctis

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

https://www.list.co.uk/article/98986-david-thewlis-confirms-hes-in-all-avatar-sequels/ 

More casting news - interesting that it's another Caucasian playing a Na'vi (the other being Winslet) I wonder if they'll be humans running Avatars or native Na'vi - I'm assuming the latter. 

The article said Winslet is one of the sea people.

• Like 1

I think that China will make more than US&Canada on this film, let's have a look at some of the comments on Maoyan for fun, curtsey of google translate.

又是一票房杀手

Another box office killer

希望重播阿凡达1的请点赞!

Hope to replay avatar 1's like!

都等几年了?还要等3年,加起来17年 年底这已经拍了有7-8年了吧?太久了,难受啊!不过值得的,同意顶我!

Wait a few years? Wait three years, add up to the end of 17 this has been shot for 7-8 years, right? Too long, uncomfortable ah! But worth it, agree with me!

期待,爱她就带她看阿凡达,呵呵,前几年就是这么宣传的,挺好看的,喜欢里面外太空的美景,自由自在的飞翔,这是我们对生活的向往……

Look forward to, love her to take her look at Avatar, Oh, a few years ago is so publicity, very good looking, like the beauty inside and outside the space, flying freely, this is our longing for life ......

快快上映阿,等得好辛苦阿

A quick release, so hard Ah

(I feel you dude.. I feel you)

至今看过IMAX 电影中最好的一部,没有之一,很期待2的到来

I've seen the best of IMAX movies so far, without one, and I'm looking forward to the arrival of 2

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

期待,爱她就带她看阿凡达,呵呵,前几年就是这么宣传的,挺好看的,喜欢里面外太空的美景,自由自在的飞翔,这是我们对生活的向往……

Look forward to, love her to take her look at Avatar, Oh, a few years ago is so publicity, very good looking, like the beauty inside and outside the space, flying freely, this is our longing for life ......

快快上映阿,等得好辛苦阿

A quick release, so hard Ah

(I feel you dude.. I feel you)

:ohmygod:

• Like 1

and the cast keeps on growing.....

David Thewlis has confirmed he is in the upcoming 'Avatar' sequels.

The 54-year-old actor - who is best known for playing Professor Lupin in the 'Harry Potter' franchise - has joined the cast of all of James Cameron's highly anticipated sequels, and revealed because of the secrecy surrounding the movies, he hasn't even been able to read all of the scripts.

Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz at the world premiere of his latest movie 'The Mercy' at Curzon Mayfair, in London, Thewlis said: "I'm doing the 'Avatar' sequels. I'm not allowed to say anything.

"I'm absolutely forbidden I haven't even read all of the scripts. It's so forbidden. I'm surprised I can tell you I'm doing it, I'm not sure."

Although Thewlis didn't confirm the name of his character, he revealed he is playing one of the blue Na'vi aliens who inhabit the planet of Pandora.

• Like 4

Laughing heartily at some of the views being expressed in the BP thread, I can't get my head around the idea that people think racism is a bigger problem than environmental disaster. 

Ocean acidification alone is probably a bigger threat to us all than nearly any socio-political challenge we currently face. It really does appear to me that we have a manufactured misinformation system that is really forcing people to focus all their energy on the trivial matters when we're staring down the barrel of a gun. 

One of my few remaining hopes is that JC can really get the message across that if there is no environment, there is no humanity, and there is nothing else. We'll see. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Laughing heartily at some of the views being expressed in the BP thread, I can't get my head around the idea that people think racism is a bigger problem than environmental disaster. 

Ocean acidification alone is probably a bigger threat to us all than nearly any socio-political challenge we currently face. It really does appear to me that we have a manufactured misinformation system that is really forcing people to focus all their energy on the trivial matters when we're staring down the barrel of a gun. 

One of my few remaining hopes is that JC can really get the message across that if there is no environment, there is no humanity, and there is nothing else. We'll see. 

Calling racism trivial is going to upset people regardless of context.

100% agree though, climate change is a matter of SURVIVAL for us all.

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Calling racism trivial is going to upset people regardless of context.

100% agree though, climate change is a matter of SURVIVAL for us all.

Everything outside of survival is trivial by definition. If we don't survive, nothing else matters.