Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

14 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

THE ORANGE MAN, MAN.

The only superhero movie that made me leggit tear up.

"That's - that's just an awful feeling!"

It's one of my favorite superhero films period. It successfully presents superheroes in the real world, and does it very well. Jackson and Willis's performance are excellent. Howard's score is also a big part of the reason why it works as well as it does. It's so good. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

over Avatar, below TFA

If Avatar 2 is really "Avatar on steroids" as described and recaptures the phenomenon status of the first film, I wouldn't rule out a gross over TFA domestically. By 2020, Avatar would adjust close to TFA unadjusted ($937 million) plus the sequel will be released in around 25% more theaters this time around. 

6 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

That was a great moment. When Visions started playing at the end of Split, I instantly got excited. A great score, and a fantastic superhero soundtrack as well.

You know the score titles! I’m not the only one. My new best friend. :-)

Visions, Carrying Audrey, The Wreck, Weightlifting, The Orange Man — all good.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

If Avatar 2 is really "Avatar on steroids" as described and recaptures the phenomenon status of the first film, I wouldn't rule out a gross over TFA domestically. By 2020, Avatar would adjust close to TFA unadjusted ($937 million) plus the sequel will be released in around 25% more theaters this time around. 

A lot of skepticism over how it will fare domestically but I think the franchise has retained stickiness with OS audiences.

$2 billion from just overseas markets is not just possible but probable. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lilmac said:

You know the score titles! I’m not the only one. My new best friend. :-)

Visions, Carrying Audrey, The Wreck, Weightlifting, The Orange Man — all good.  

Yup, I'm a film score fan, and Unbreakable happens to be a favorite of mine, so I know most of the track titles by heart. Reflection of Elijah is another good piece. 

• Like 1